The OSH Pool Party is just 30 days away!

Old June 26th 04, 04:36 AM
Jay Honeck

I will have Peach Muzzleloader at Oshkosh again this year for those adults
who
are not flying ,walking,standing ,speaking or in any way engaged in any

activity
that might be construed as to needing moral advice before sipping .
I now return to lurk mode to prepare for Oshkosh.

Chuck, you are hereby elected honorary and chief muzzleloader for our annual
Rec.Aviation North Forty party, to be held on (I think) Wednesday night
during the show at our campsite. (For those who don't know, simply give the
EAA North Forty camping folks our "N" number, and they'll tell you precisely
where to go...)

Last year we had quite a little turnout for this soiree (see the pix at
http://alexisparkinn.com/rogue's_gallery_i_-_p.htm#OSHKOSH -- ya gotta
scroll down a bit), with plenty of people bringing most excellent beer --
but none of this legendary peach muzzleloader I keep hearing about!

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old June 26th 04, 05:02 AM
Richard Lamb

Jay Honeck wrote:

Oh man. Jay, can I move to your world?
Mine is starting to suck with all the law suits happy people around
here.

Come to Iowa, Richard.

America still exists here.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Well thank you, Jay.

If I ever get out of this mess, I might just do that.

You can take the boy out of Texas,
but you can't take Texas out of the boy.

And if you could, there wouldn't be much left...

Richard

http://home.earthlink.net/~n6228l/
Old June 26th 04, 05:40 AM
Rich S.

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message

Rich, I'm buying the first round!

;-)

You comin' to OSH?

Wow! After reading Chuck's promise to have PMZLDR available, I am sorely
tempted. There are two great friends who are within weeks of finishing their
Emeraudes, and I want to be able to see them fly in to Oshkosh. They will
not be there until next year, so I'm going to take a rain check. The Good
Lord willing, I will join you all in 2005 and hope to meet more a lot of the
people whose words I have been reading.

I will hoist a cup at the proper moment and toast the fortunate ones who are
slowly drowning in the pasture. :-)

Rich S.

Old June 26th 04, 06:04 AM
UltraJohn

jls wrote:

and a citation to the source of those facts so they can be verified,
rather
than your (probably clouded) recollection. I have never seen a judgment
awarded to an injured plaintiff when there wasn't some proof of negligence
or defective design proximately causing the injury. Maybe you can show
me
my first. I won't hold my breath waiting.

From AOPA e-mail news

JUDGE DENIES CARNAHAN REQUEST FOR NEW TRIAL
A Kansas City judge has refused to grant a new trial to the family of
the late Missouri Gov. Mel Carnahan seeking punitive damages against
the Parker Hannifin Company. In a ruling, Circuit Court Judge
Charles Atwell said evidence supporting punitive damages was so weak
he was reluctant to give it to a jury. An investigation into the crash
of a twin-engine Cessna aircraft that killed Carnahan, his son Randy,
and aide Chris Sifford on October 16, 2000, found vacuum pumps made
by Parker Hannifin were working well enough for vacuum-driven instruments
to give proper indications. The Carnahan family alleged, however,
that Parker Hannifin earlier had refused to recall vacuum pumps it
manufactured to save money. However, evidence also indicated the
company reported pump failures to the FAA and also warned customers
that pumps could fail and urged the use of backup pumps. The family
sued for $100 million but a jury awarded $4 million from Parker Hannifin,
an amount that was later reduced to $2.4 million. Sifford's family
settled separately with Parker Hannifin, which no longer manufactures
the pumps, for $905,000, according to press reports. To learn more about
the lawsuit, read a previous column from "AOPA Pilot"
( http://www.aopa.org/epilot/redir.cfm?adid=4583 ).
Old June 26th 04, 07:08 AM
Ed

You're kind of a bummer Matt. I'm surprised that you fly at all.

Ed

Old June 26th 04, 02:41 PM
Darrel Toepfer

Richard Lamb wrote:

You can take the boy out of Texas,
but you can't take Texas out of the boy.

And if you could, there wouldn't be much left...

Thats like a whole other country...
Old June 26th 04, 06:14 PM
pacplyer

Richard Lamb wrote in message ...
Jay Honeck wrote:

As much as I like the
party-giver and join in complimenting him for his contributions in this

and
other newsgroups, it is risky to serve alcohol to anyone you know or have
reason to know is about to operate dangerous machinery because of the
dramshop cases and the dramshop laws. Whether the entertainment is done
for pay or not is irrelevant.

I appreciate the sentiment, but, alas, I don't care to live in a world where
I can't serve my friends beer at pool side.

I also refuse to live in a world where I cannot trust my fellow pilots with
my $30K, full sized van. And no, I don't make them produce a drivers
license, and sign a waiver, nor do I check to make sure that they have
insurance. I toss 'em the keys, give 'em a map, and bid them adieu,
liability be damned.

If you have flown in to my hotel, that's proof enough to me that you are an
honorable, decent person. No one has proven me wrong yet.

People live up to your expectations.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Oh man. Jay, can I move to your world?
Mine is starting to suck with all the law suits happy people around
here.

Richard Lamb

Jay's the kind of great guy that got me into aviation in the first
place. Matt however is the kind of guy I wouldn't lend a bicycle to.
He'd go put new tires on it and bring it back, giving me the bill and
lecturing me on how dangerous it was for him. Jay, just put up a sign
at poolside that says: Warning: Patrons are not permitted to fly for
24 hours after consuming free alcoholic beverages. Caution:
consumption of lava rocks after falling down can cause extreme
discomfort and distress during future bowel movements....Notice: You
are not required to buy B.S. from poolside turd-merchants in the
airport hotel. The management does not condone their activities at
all.

Danger!.. Danger!... Danger Will Robinson!

pac "fall artist assassin" plyer
Old June 26th 04, 06:45 PM
Cecil Chapman

Hope you take lots of pictures you can post somewhere! Wish I could be
there. I'm shooting for Oshkosh (sp?) next year. This year my wife and I
will be going to the AOPA Expo in Long Beach (with a Friday night party on
the Queen Mary). I DO have to check out Airventure next year. Every pilot
I've every spoken to tells me it is THE place to be. I've heard some great
stories about camping next to your plane with lots of other pilots doing the
same thing - sounds like 'heaven' to me grin. Next year, I'll have to
make the pilgrimage!

Take care and have fun Jay!

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil
PP-ASEL
Student-IASEL

Check out my personal flying adventures from my first flight to the
checkride AND the continuing adventures beyond!
Complete with pictures and text at: www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -

Old June 26th 04, 10:51 PM
G.R. Patterson III

jls wrote:

I have never seen a judgment
awarded to an injured plaintiff when there wasn't some proof of negligence
or defective design proximately causing the injury.

You haven't been paying attention to the Parker-Hanefin case, I take it?

George Patterson
None of us is as dumb as all of us.
Old June 27th 04, 02:50 AM
Jay Honeck

I've heard some great
stories about camping next to your plane with lots of other pilots doing

the
same thing - sounds like 'heaven' to me grin.

"This ain't heaven...it's Oshkosh"

OSH is the closest thing to heaven on earth I've found. I start dreaming
about it in February, and start getting anxious in May.

By now, I'm just crawling out of my skin, having a hard time waiting that
one more month!

Remember that feeling before Christmas, when you were a kid? That
absolutely, can't-stand-the-wait feeling?

That's Oshkosh!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck