Mooney M20E io360 low voltage problem

Old February 19th 09, 04:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

Default Mooney M20E io360 low voltage problem

On Feb 18, 6:55*pm, "Morgans" wrote:
"Robert M. Gary" wrote

*Anyone with a fuel injected engine should put buying
something like an EDM high on their priority list. As a side benefit,
such a device will show you voltage at all times so you can track it
durin the flight if its not holding steady.

EDM? *I know I will be smacking my forehead when someone tells me what it
is. *g
--
Jim in NC

Its the engine monitor product made by JPI. GEM makes one as well.
There are some additional companies that make simple gauges to just
show the temps but those are the only two that make full engine
monitors.

-Robert
Old February 19th 09, 09:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Scott Skylane

Robert M. Gary wrote:

Its the engine monitor product made by JPI. GEM makes one as well.
There are some additional companies that make simple gauges to just
show the temps but those are the only two that make full engine
monitors.

-Robert

Electronics International also makes a fantastic, full featured engine
monitor, at a better price, and with much better customer support!

http://www.buy-ei.com/Pages/UBG/UBG-16_Overview.html

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane
Old February 19th 09, 06:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

On Feb 19, 12:35*am, Scott Skylane wrote:
Robert M. Gary wrote:

Its the engine monitor product made by JPI. GEM makes one as well.
There are some additional companies that make simple gauges to just
show the temps but those are the only two that make full engine
monitors.

-Robert

Electronics International also makes a fantastic, full featured engine
monitor, at a better price, and with much better customer support!

http://www.buy-ei.com/Pages/UBG/UBG-16_Overview.html

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane

That is the "GEM" until (that is what EI has traditionally called
their product). It certainly has less features than JPI's EDM but it
is a good engine monitor. I'ave had great support from JPI though.

-Robert
Old February 19th 09, 06:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

On Feb 18, 8:21*pm, Clark wrote:
"Robert M. Gary" wrote in news:0376f630-5016-4914-8539-
:

On Feb 18, 6:55*pm, "Morgans" wrote:
"Robert M. Gary" wrote

*Anyone with a fuel injected engine should put buying
something like an EDM high on their priority list. As a side benefit,
such a device will show you voltage at all times so you can track it
durin the flight if its not holding steady.

EDM? *I know I will be smacking my forehead when someone tells me what

it
is. *g
--
Jim in NC

Its the engine monitor product made by JPI. GEM makes one as well.
There are some additional companies that make simple gauges to just
show the temps but those are the only two that make full engine
monitors.

-Robert

Dynon will be suprised to hear that...

Good, then its good for them to hear that. I'm not aware of any STC
for the Dynon products in the M20E.

-Robert
Old February 19th 09, 08:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Scott Skylane

Robert M. Gary wrote:

That is the "GEM" until (that is what EI has traditionally called
their product). /snip/
-Robert

Um, no. See http://www.insightavionics.com/gem610.htm

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane
Old February 20th 09, 06:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

On Feb 19, 11:51*am, Scott Skylane wrote:
Robert M. Gary wrote:

That is the "GEM" until (that is what EI has traditionally called
their product). /snip/
-Robert

Um, no. *See *http://www.insightavionics.com/gem610.htm

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane

I'm pretty familiar with the GEM unit. I've read the corporate
glossies. Its a good unit, but does not come with as many features out
of the box as the JPI EDM unit.

-Robert
Old February 20th 09, 06:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

On Feb 19, 7:23*pm, Clark wrote:

Now now Robby, that's not what you typed. You typed that only JPI and GEM
make full engine monitors. Do try to be honest. At least a little bit. 'kay?

I think if you look at the subject line you will see "Mooney M20E IO
360". There is no STC for your unit for such an aircraft so I don't
see how you can claim its a choice in play here.

-Robert
Old February 20th 09, 09:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Scott Skylane

Robert M. Gary wrote:

That is the "GEM" until (that is what EI has traditionally called
their product). /snip/
-Robert

Um, no. See http://www.insightavionics.com/gem610.htm

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane

I'm pretty familiar with the GEM unit. I've read the corporate
glossies. Its a good unit, but does not come with as many features out
of the box as the JPI EDM unit.

-Robert

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I was trying to point out that the GEM is made
by an entirely different company (Insight) than EI. EI has never called
any of their units "GEM", and the EI UBG is a very full featured engine
monitor, suitable for installation in a Mooney M20E, and is made by a
company who's customer service is second to none, in my experience.

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane