Aviation song for US?

Old February 6th 05, 03:40 PM
Jürgen Exner

Default Aviation song for US?

In German there are two songs which could be considered the anthem of
aviation:

The upbeat "Flieger, grüß mir die Sonne" ("Pilot, greetings to the sun")
from the movie "F. P. 1 antwortet nicht", 1932, sung by Hans Albers
(http://www.drachenflieger.org/media/flieger/index.htm)
And the more melancholic "Über den Wolken muß die Freiheit wohl grenzenlos
sein" ("Above the clouds freedom must have no limits") by Reinhard Mey,
1970th(?); sorry, couldn't find any online version.

Question: is there something similar in the US? _The_ aviator song?

jue

Old February 6th 05, 03:58 PM
Sam O'Nella

Question: is there something similar in the US? _The_ aviator song?

"Rocket Man" by Elton John?
"Sky Pilot" by The Animals? http://www.rjsmith.com/skypilot.html
"Aeroplane" (Red Hot Chili Peppers)?
http://www.lyricsfreak.com/r/red-hot...rs/114791.html

In any event, it's definitely not "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins

Old February 6th 05, 04:49 PM
AES

In article ,
"Sam O'Nella" wrote:

Question: is there something similar in the US? _The_ aviator song?

"Rocket Man" by Elton John?
"Sky Pilot" by The Animals? http://www.rjsmith.com/skypilot.html
"Aeroplane" (Red Hot Chili Peppers)?
http://www.lyricsfreak.com/r/red-hot...rs/114791.html

In any event, it's definitely not "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins

"Come Fly With Me" by ????

"Off we go, into the wild blue yonder, flying high, into the sun . . . "
(Title?)
Old February 6th 05, 05:02 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"AES" wrote in message

"Off we go, into the wild blue yonder, flying high, into the sun . . . "
(Title?)

Originally the "Army Air Corps Song", now "The Air Force Song".

Old February 6th 05, 05:21 PM
Blueskies

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
nk.net...

yup: http://www.lilesnet.com/patriotic/music/off_we_go.htm

Old February 6th 05, 05:25 PM
AES

In article et,
"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:

"AES" wrote in message

"Off we go, into the wild blue yonder, flying high, into the sun . . . "
(Title?)

Originally the "Army Air Corps Song", now "The Air Force Song".

Funny what sticks deep in the memory banks and can come right back to
the surface many decades later. To (mostly) finish the above:

Off we go, into the wild blue yonder,
Flying high, into the sun.
Down we dive, spouting our flame from under,
At 'em, boys! Give her the gun!
(Give her the gun now!)

Up we climb, da da da da da da da da,
Off with one hell of a roar.
We live in fame, or go down in flame,
(Shout
Nothing can stop the Army Air Corp!!!

(with which I never had anything to do)

And there's also

"Come, Josephine, in my flying machine . . . "
Old February 6th 05, 05:43 PM
Martin Hotze

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 08:49:04 -0800, AES wrote:

"Come Fly With Me" by ????

... sung by Frank Sinatra.

you might add:
Mariah Carey: Fly Away
Celine Dion: Fly

#m
--
http://www.terranova.net/content/images/goering.jpg
http://www.indybay.org/news/2005/01/1713819.php
Old February 6th 05, 05:44 PM
Ben Hallert

I always thought it was 'Danger Zone' by Kenny Loggins.

Either that, or 'Into the air, junior birdmen'.

Old February 6th 05, 07:23 PM
Blanche

Ben Hallert wrote:
Either that, or 'Into the air, junior birdmen'.

I wondered when this version would appear...I was all ready to
send it along!

Personally, I vote for "Come Fly with Me" or the USAF song.

On a similar note, is there a song for spending too much money
on the airplane?