Poll: best looking GA prop plane of all time?

Old October 21st 05, 04:35 PM
Michael 182

Default best looking GA prop plane of all time?

"xerj" wrote in message
For me, it's the King Air.

Other opinions?

Beech Staggerwing, closely followed by Cessna 195

Old October 21st 05, 04:54 PM

Default Poll: best looking GA prop plane of all time?

Four engine: DeHaviland Heron.

One of my favorites as it looks like a 3/4 scale DC-6. Now if it just
had round engines... Always had a soft spot for Beech 18s and Twin
Bonanzas too.

Old October 21st 05, 05:40 PM
Montblack

("Matt Whiting" wrote)
Yes, compared to a Wilga.

http://www.pzl-okecie.com.pl/wilga.htm
Wilga

http://www.airliners.net/info/stats.main?id=322
Wilga

This thread, and the ugly thread, have been driving me bonkers. Nobody posts
links.

Montblack

Old October 21st 05, 10:08 PM
City Dweller

Diamond Star.

http://www.atpflightschool.com/image...ying_large.jpg

Beats the Cirrus, not to mention any spam can, hands down.

-- City Dweller

"xerj" wrote in message
For me, it's the King Air.

Other opinions?

Old October 22nd 05, 08:25 AM
Roger

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 00:51:58 GMT, "xerj" wrote:

For me, it's the King Air.

Other opinions?

Lancair 320/360. They even hung one over the entrance of the
Smithsonian when they did a show on form and function.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Old October 23rd 05, 05:26 AM

Me three.

Although I have to give the Switft a tie with the Beech Staggerwing.

Swift = best looking prop single monoplane
Staggerwing = best looking prop single biplane

Old October 24th 05, 12:16 AM
Matt Whiting

Montblack wrote:

("Matt Whiting" wrote)

Yes, compared to a Wilga.

http://www.pzl-okecie.com.pl/wilga.htm
Wilga

http://www.airliners.net/info/stats.main?id=322
Wilga

This thread, and the ugly thread, have been driving me bonkers. Nobody
posts
links.

I didn't think it was that hard to type "Wilga" into the Google search
box. Sorry to cause you so much extra work and mental stress.

Matt
Old October 24th 05, 12:17 AM
Matt Whiting

City Dweller wrote:

Diamond Star.

http://www.atpflightschool.com/image...ying_large.jpg

Beats the Cirrus, not to mention any spam can, hands down.

No, the wasp waste designs are ugly. I'd rather have a Cirrus, that a
Diamond Star from a purely aesthetic perspective, however, I'd rather
have a Falco than either of them.

MAtt
Old October 24th 05, 02:22 AM
Matt Whiting

Matt Whiting wrote:
City Dweller wrote:

Diamond Star.

http://www.atpflightschool.com/image...ying_large.jpg

Beats the Cirrus, not to mention any spam can, hands down.

No, the wasp waste designs are ugly. I'd rather have a Cirrus, that a
Diamond Star from a purely aesthetic perspective, however, I'd rather
have a Falco than either of them.

Oops, meant waist, although those designs are also somewhat of a waste. :-)

Matt
Old October 24th 05, 03:48 AM
Montblack

("Matt Whiting" wrote)
This thread, and the ugly thread, have been driving me bonkers. Nobody
posts links.

I didn't think it was that hard to type "Wilga" into the Google search
box. Sorry to cause you so such extra work and mental stress.

For one or two posts - not a problem. For many, many, many posts, each one
requiring a trip to Google ...and then a trip *through* Google - yes, more
of a problem.

Also, if a person takes the time to research and post a link, then 100's of
lurkers won't have to ...(x) how many plane references in the two threads?

Be nice to the lurkers. :-)

BTW, my vote - 1946 Ercoupe 415 C
http://www.ercoupe.net/M1/PhotoAlbum.html
(Click N2569H in the blue links on the left)

Montblack
(Our own Greg B's N93332 is also on the list)