fraud alert!!

Old August 25th 05, 10:07 PM

Default fraud alert!!

thought I would share this with you.....

Some scum bag trying to do the we will pay over the top and you pay us
the difference scam.

Regards

Al

Scam follows....

"My name is Catherine Howard,I have a client that is interested in the
purchase of your item,he informed me that the payment will be remmited
via a money order.Is the price you listed for the item firm?In order to
conclude the deal as soon as possible, the money order that will be
sent to you will include the money for the sales of your item and the
shippers fees for organising a home pick up service.You do not need to
worry as my shipping company will come to pick the item up from your
base for shipment. What I want to clarify is that will you be able to
send the shipping charges to the shipping agent as soon as you get and
cash the money order at your bank and you deduct the money for the
sales of your item?If you agree to assist in this capacity , send your
:

full name,

your residential address,

phone numbers

and the final amount you are willinging to accept (ATTACH PICS), so
that we can proceed.

Regards,

Catherine Howard

"

Old August 25th 05, 11:59 PM

I dunno Al, sounds like a pretty good deal. Maybe you should
reconsider.

Old August 27th 05, 01:53 AM
JS

A friend is receiving the same scam mail regarding his glider for sale.

Old August 27th 05, 03:09 AM
BTIZ

it even happens to locals who advertise their car for sale in the
newspapers..

"JS" wrote in message
oups.com...
A friend is receiving the same scam mail regarding his glider for sale.

Old August 30th 05, 11:10 AM
goneill

I have had the same replies from someone on Yahoo.UK for here in New Zealand
For adverts for my ASW20L. Their replies usually arrive within 24 hrs of an
ad being placed
gary
ups.com...