Bible-beater pilots

Old November 21st 03, 09:02 PM
Thomas Borchert

Jim,

Did God create the Big Bang or was the Big Bang created by God?

As I said in another post: I don't know! There is nothing to support
the God theory. There is nothing to disprove it. That's typical for any
theory made up without any basis in observation. So, with our present
knowledge, the only possible answer to "Who or what started the Big
Bang?" is "I don't know!". Some might add "but I believe it was...",
but that's not knowledge. Everything bakc to the Big Bang is - based on
theories correlating well with and explaining observation. Basic
science. Religion isn't.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 21st 03, 09:02 PM
Thomas Borchert

Robert,

including atheisms and agnosticisms, t

Those are not belief systems. Calling them "non-belief" systems might
be more accurate. And that's the whole point.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 21st 03, 09:03 PM
Jim Buckridge

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:

Until yesterday I had run into religious fanatics and cult followers
in every walk of life EXCEPT aviation.

Anyone ever run into this before? What did you do?

Yes, fairly early in my aviation "career". It took my by surprise as
well. I wasn't prepared to discuss the matter, but I managed to get
out of the situation pretty quickly. If it comes up again I'll make
it clear that I do not care to discuss such matters, just like I don't
want to discuss my finances.

I still don't understand how people who consider themselves true
followers of Christ rationalize spending money on frivolous flight.
Just getting the PPL costs over $5K. That money would have gone a
long long way to feeding hungry people, or paying the way for
missionaries to spread the word.... or (if you're Catholic) paying for
lawyers to defend your local priest.
Old November 21st 03, 09:13 PM
Tony Cox

Not even in the top 40! I'm shocked!

"Montblack" wrote in message
http://makeashorterlink.com/?C1BB21B96
NETSCAN REPORT ....for rec.aviation.piloting.
Results for the year of 2003, up to 9/30/2003

--
Montblack

("Tony Cox" wrote)
Oh boy is this one going to run and run...
What's the betting we'll get more posts than the
JFK thread??

Old November 21st 03, 09:16 PM
Larry Fransson

On 2003-11-21 12:45:01 -0800, "Jay Honeck" said

Personally, I feel that we work too damned hard for our money to donate i
to organized criminals

Oh, give it a rest already, Jay. Just because a few big names have been caught with their hands in the cookie jar, you think that every church in the world is an organization of criminals? Gimme a break

And you know, if this is the worst thing that's ever happened to you (and you seem to act as if it was), then your life could be a whole lot worse

Old November 21st 03, 09:20 PM
Chris W

Jay Honeck wrote:

I.....AM.....NOMAD.

That's my favorite episode

Mine, too -- although the special effects look so bad now, it's hard to
watch it without laughing.

My favorite scene is where Nomad is on the bridge and Uhura is singing,
then Nomad zaps her. Later Kirk asks Nomad what it did to Uhura and
Nomad says "That unit is defective it's thoughts are chaotic. . ."
Spock says "That unit is a woman."
Then Nomad says "A mass of conflicting impulses."

--
Chris W

"They that can give up essential liberty
to obtain a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania

Old November 21st 03, 09:22 PM
Jim Weir

Dunno. I was wearing one of those black dresses with the white blouse at the
time. I always saw him from the front {;-)

Jim

"Jay Honeck"

-Remember what a thrill it was to actually SEE the priest, facing the
-congregation?

http://www.rst-engr.com
Old November 21st 03, 09:23 PM
Jim

Hey Jay,
You suppose that Mooney was donated to that group of monks that is always
advertising for people to give them their airplanes? Wow! Guaranteed not
to get one from me! Plug that into your weight and balance for Atlas....
how many holy rollers can you legally carry?
--
Jim Burns III

Remove "nospam" to reply

Old November 21st 03, 09:24 PM
EDR

In article , Thomas Borchert
wrote:

Those are not belief systems. Calling them "non-belief" systems might
be more accurate. And that's the whole point.

It's not a the belief, it's the faith.