Bush on WMD: None so blind as those who would not see

Old February 5th 04, 03:35 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

wrote in message ...

No, and at the time, Saddam might very well have had WMD.
Besides, Clinton did not use that as justification for a unilateral war.

What does "unilateral" mean?

Old February 5th 04, 04:14 AM
Laurie Laws

In rec.food.cooking john wrote:

Let's also blame Clinton for the missing WMD in Iraq.

Too bad Bush didn't make a complete list of all the bad things he
inherited from Clinton when he took office. then he could have warned
the public.

The Repugs are just two-faced hypocrites. They love to blame Clinton for a recession that
started when Bush talked down the economy.

You can't possibly be serious. Except the sad thing is, you actually are. And this from an
institution of "higher learning" as well! Nobody "talked down" the economy. The economy was an
overheated disaster in the making, in no small part thanks to no regulation of rampant fraud in
many companies since the mid 1990s. All Bush did was say the truth. I love it, one moment Bush
(with his 90 percentile IQ) is the dumbest idiot in the world, the next he was "talking down" the
economy, long before he even became President.

Despite their desire to bash Clinton for Bush's
receission, they claim that Clinton had nothing to do with the eight years of record-setting
prosperity we had in this country

Yes the prosperity bubble. Too bad the fake bubble popped, and there was a recession before Bush
took office.

and the best managed federal budget since WW II,

Only after the 1994 elections! Thank Clinton for the 1994 election results!

but when Bush plunders the economy, sits by and watches millions of jobs go away and be replaced
with a comparatively few low-paying jobs, that's okay because it is Clinton's fault.

"Plunders the economy"! Wow, you must be one of Temple University's finest, Mr. Horwitz!!

What a dope.

Old February 5th 04, 04:17 AM
Laurie Laws

In rec.food.cooking Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

"john" wrote in message

Oh yeah, blame Clinton.

Let's also blame Clinton for the missing WMD in Iraq.

Well, Clinton did declare Iraq had WMD. Was he lying?

No, and at the time, Saddam might very well have had WMD.
Besides, Clinton did not use that as justification for a unilateral war.

Huh? Clinton Bombed Iraq in 1994, 1996, and 1998. His war on Baghdad in 1998 used
more missiles than the entire 1991 Gulf War! And let's not forget about the
schools and hospitals that were bombed in Belgrade, the invasion of Haiti, the
super job he did in Somalia, and the aspirin factory bombing. At Temple U, did
you learn that "unilateral" means not alone but with 60"? Just curious. Keep it
up!

"Now, let's imagine the future. What if he fails to comply, and we fail to
act, or we take some ambiguous third route which gives him yet more
opportunities to develop this program of weapons of mass destruction and
continue to press for the release of the sanctions and continue to ignore
the solemn commitments that he made?

Well, he will conclude that the international community has lost its will.
He will then conclude that he can go right on and do more to rebuild an
arsenal of devastating destruction.

And some day, some way, I guarantee you, he'll use the arsenal."
Bill Clinton, speaking on Iraq and Saddam Hussein - 1998
Listen to the Audio Clip:
http://tinyurl.com/67rz

Old February 5th 04, 06:23 PM
Fred the Red Shirt

"George Z. Bush" wrote in message ...
"Fred the Red Shirt" wrote in message
om...
"George Z. Bush" wrote in message

When did we adopt stopping mass murder and rape as a national policy? Seems

me that Clinton took a lot of heat for involving us in what used to be

called
Yugoslavia, when the Serbs decided that killing their Muslim neighbors and
raping their womenfolk would be good sport. AIR, the only Repug who thought

we
ought to be doing something about it at the time was Bob Dole, and he had
precious little support from his own party in his views.

Perhaps you do not remember the highly successful American intervention
in Bosnia under Geroge H. Bush.

I'm afraid that I don't. But then, neither do you. Our intervention in Bosnia
took place in early December of 1995. Do you recall who was our President back
then?

You are confusing Bosnia with Kosovo.

--

FF
Old February 5th 04, 07:08 PM
Jarg

"Laurie Laws" wrote in message

[...]

Probably a Sociology major!

Jarg

Old February 5th 04, 07:19 PM
George Z. Bush

[...]

AAMOF, I'm not. Neither of the Bushes had anything to do with either of
them.....they happened on Clinton's watch, Bosnia in December 1995 and Kosovo in
March 1999.

George Z.

--

FF

Old February 5th 04, 08:50 PM
Fred the Red Shirt

"George Z. Bush" wrote in message ...
"Fred the Red Shirt" wrote in message
om...
"George Z. Bush" wrote in message

When did we adopt stopping mass murder and rape as a national policy? Seems

me that Clinton took a lot of heat for involving us in what used to be

called
Yugoslavia, when the Serbs decided that killing their Muslim neighbors and
raping their womenfolk would be good sport. AIR, the only Repug who thought

we
ought to be doing something about it at the time was Bob Dole, and he had
precious little support from his own party in his views.

Perhaps you do not remember the highly successful American intervention
in Bosnia under Geroge H. Bush.

I'm afraid that I don't. But then, neither do you. Our intervention in Bosnia
took place in early December of 1995.

NATO first declared a no-fly zone onver Bosnia in October, 1992,
under Bush. NATO began fighting in Bosnia in earnest in September,
1995. The Bush policy was continued and expanded under Clinton.

--

FF
Old February 6th 04, 12:05 PM
George Z. Bush

Fred the Red Shirt wrote:
[...]

The following was dated December 18, 1995. I wonder why they had their dates
so screwed up way back then.

U.S. Troops Begin Bosnia Intervention

BY MAURICE WILLIAMS

U.S. president Bill Clinton is moving at full steam to implement Washington's
decision to send 20,000 troops to Bosnia as part of a 60,000-strong NATO
occupation force. "This task force is ready to roll," he told U.S. soldiers
in Germany December 2. They will be among the first of the NATO units in
Bosnia.
Gearing up for war, Clinton told the GIs they would be heavily armed and
could respond "immediately and with decisive force" to hostilities.
The White House is deploying such a massive force in a workers state for the
first time in decades. The State Department's official goal is to enforce the
partition of Bosnia, agreed to by the warring regimes in the former Yugoslav
republics in a deal brokered by Washington on a military base in Dayton,
Ohio, November 21. The masters of the U.S. empire are trying to boost their
military and economic domination of the region, get one up on their European
competitors, particularly Paris and Bonn, and take a stab at re-establishing
capitalism in the former Yugoslavia.
The first NATO unit composed of 28 soldiers landed in Sarajevo December 4 and
included two GIs. Some 3,000 U.S. soldiers are imminently expected to arrive
in Kaposvar, Hungary, for a brief stopover on the way to Bosnia by train.
Overall, 32,000 U.S. military personnel will be involved in the action,
including the 20,000 GIs in Bosnia, 5,000 in Croatia, and 7,000 support
troops in Hungary and Italy.
The parliament in Germany voted December 6 to approve sending 4,000 German
soldiers to the Balkans - Bonn's largest military mission abroad since World
War II.

Judging from the words of our own Secretary of State in addressing the NATO
foreign and defense ministers in Brussels, Belgium on December 5, 1995, he seems
to have been under the impression that NATO was not yet involved. Take a look:

"Mr. Acting Secretary-General, distinguished colleagues: It is a
great privilege for Secretary Perry and me to speak with you today on
behalf of the United States and President Clinton. For the first time
in NATO's history, all 16 of our foreign ministers and all 16 of our
defense ministers are meeting together. As we prepare to launch this
historic mission in Bosnia, our Alliance has never been more united."

I think I'll stick with my 1995 starting date. At least I can produce some
evidence that backs it up.

George Z.

Old February 6th 04, 05:10 PM
Fred the Red Shirt

"George Z. Bush" wrote in message ...
"Fred the Red Shirt" wrote in message
om...
"George Z. Bush" wrote in message

When did we adopt stopping mass murder and rape as a national policy? Seems

me that Clinton took a lot of heat for involving us in what used to be

called
Yugoslavia, when the Serbs decided that killing their Muslim neighbors and
raping their womenfolk would be good sport. AIR, the only Repug who thought

we
ought to be doing something about it at the time was Bob Dole, and he had
precious little support from his own party in his views.

Perhaps you do not remember the highly successful American intervention
in Bosnia under Geroge H. Bush.

I'm afraid that I don't. But then, neither do you. Our intervention in Bosnia
took place in early December of 1995.

NATO declared a no-fly zone over Bosnia in October 1992. NATO attacks in
Bosnia began in earnest in September, 1995. It was a Bush admininstration
action that was continued and expanded under Clinton.

--

FF

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
Bush shot JFK over what he did to Barbara Ross C. Bubba Nicholson Home Built 2 August 30th 04 03:28 AM
"W" is JFK's son and Bush revenge killed Kennedy in 1963 Ross C. Bubba Nicholson Aerobatics 0 August 28th 04 11:28 AM