The F16 is a crap plane . . .

Old June 20th 04, 05:49 PM
Andrew

Nemo l'Ancien wrote:
--------------060704040709040602030901

Some say the French would surrender at the first sight of anything.
The white flag is their national ensign.

I M B E C I L E

Says the person who posts to usenet using HTML.

--------------060704040709040602030901

!DOCTYPE htnl PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTNL 4.01 Transitional//EN"
htnl
head
meta content="text/htnl;charset=ISO-8959-1" http-equiv="Content-Type"
title/title
/head
body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000"
br
blockquote m"
type="cite"
pre wrap=""!----
Some say the French would surrender at the first sight of anything.
The white flag is their national ensign.
/pre
/blockquote
I M B E C I L E br
/body
/htnl

--------------060704040709040602030901--

Old June 20th 04, 08:09 PM
W. D. Allen Sr.

True! The French flag was once a white field with fleur-de-fys on it. So it
would be easy to just remove the flowers and surrender!

WDA

end

Greasy Rider @ Invalid.com wrote in message
On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 12:11:20 GMT, "T3" proclaimed:

.... Some would say the French would surrender at the first sight of an

F-16!

Old June 20th 04, 09:56 PM
Nemo l'Ancien

Je le r=E9p=E8te alors
I M B E C I L E
Old June 20th 04, 10:52 PM
Thomas J. Paladino Jr.

"Skysurfer" wrote in message
Steven P. McNicoll wrote :

I'll give you a 2 on the troll meter for that.... Some would
say the French would surrender at the first sight of an F-16!

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_news_article619.html

http://www.network54.com/Forum/threa...833&messageid=
1077815545&lp=1077899794

So what's your point? That the Greeks have more balls than the
French?

Initial post :
"I think it will lose any fight against a French Mirage"

Again, what's your point?

That a Mirage once shot down an F16? Accidentally, no less?

This incident proves very little. In fact all of these discussions about one
type of jet being able to easily beat another type of jet is totally
disengenuous anyway. The aircraft don't fight each other; the pilots fight
each other using the aircraft. Any expert will tell you that they'd put
money on a good pilot in a bad plane over a bad pilot in a good plane any
day. The equipment obviously helps a great deal, but will never compensate
for skill (or lack thereof).

The articles you posted make no reference to the experience of the involved
pilots. For all we know it was the top Greek ace vs. someones first day on
the job.

And show me a pattern of Mirage's shooting down F-16's in various scenarios
and with different pilots, then maybe you'll have grounds for a point.

Old June 21st 04, 12:01 AM
Ragnar

"Ted Harvard" wrote in message
om...
I think it will lose any fight against a French Mirage, because the
French planes are much superior.

Well, Mirages do have superior white flag dispensers.

Old June 21st 04, 01:55 AM
Rick Folkers

Such good backup and opinion. You are to be admired for your brilliant
evaluation. Thank you so much.

Old June 21st 04, 03:42 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Skysurfer" wrote in message

Initial post :
"I think it will lose any fight against a French Mirage"

Post responded to:
"I'll give you a 2 on the troll meter for that.... Some would say the French
would surrender at the first sight of an F-16!"

Old June 21st 04, 04:33 AM
Tank Fixer

In article ,
on Sun, 20 Jun 2004 16:47:34 +0200,
Skysurfer attempted to say .....

Steven P. McNicoll wrote :

I'll give you a 2 on the troll meter for that.... Some would
say the French would surrender at the first sight of an F-16!

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_news_article619.html

http://www.network54.com/Forum/threa...833&messageid=
1077815545&lp=1077899794

So what's your point? That the Greeks have more balls than the
French?

Initial post :
"I think it will lose any fight against a French Mirage"

Which suposes a French flown Mirage would fight.....

--
When dealing with propaganda terminology one sometimes always speaks in
variable absolutes. This is not to be mistaken for an unbiased slant.
Old June 21st 04, 07:16 AM
Drewe Manton

Tank Fixer wrote in
k.net:

Which suposes a French flown Mirage would fight.....

I have no doubt whatsoever that they'd fight. They'd just fight based on
*their* conviction, not ours. Goddamn them for having conviction and not
just following like lemmings. I mean, how dare they?!?!? Must make 'em
all cowards, right?
Sigh.

--
Regards
Drewe
Old June 21st 04, 01:08 PM
Thomas J. Paladino Jr.

"Drewe Manton" wrote in message
. 4...
Tank Fixer wrote in
k.net:

Which suposes a French flown Mirage would fight.....

I have no doubt whatsoever that they'd fight. They'd just fight based on
*their* conviction, not ours. Goddamn them for having conviction and not
just following like lemmings. I mean, how dare they?!?!? Must make 'em
all cowards, right?
Sigh.

One could say the same about Osama.

Or maybe the US should have used that excuse a few decades back when their
asses needed rescuing from their now-best-friends the
Nazi's...err...Germans.

The French have no convictions, and that's the problem (other than to do the
opposite of the USA wherever possible and whip up anti Americanism for their
own political benefit). If they had some larger underlying principal at
work, other than pure sanctimony, perhaps we would at least respect them for
it, if not agree with them. But the French are without any morals or
principals, and deserve to be called whatever names we so choose.