Flight of the Chum - Pawn Stars & The 2-33 Rebuild

Old May 20th 10, 11:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ContestID67[_2_]

Default Flight of the Chum - Pawn Stars & The 2-33 Rebuild

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_zJFp4vNOk Start time: 3:30 to
6:10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YMg2-7xQEg Start time: 0:00 to
2:38
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m02zkveYeE Start time: 2:29 to
end

Watch the take off roll. Can you say "forward CG limit"?

Enjoy!
John DeRosa
Old May 21st 10, 12:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
thermalrider[_2_]

On May 20, 6:44*pm, ContestID67 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_zJFp4vNOk* * Start time: 3:30 to
6:10http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YMg2-7xQEg* * Start time: 0:00 to
2:38http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m02zkveYeE* * *Start time: 2:29 to
end

Watch the take off roll. *Can you say "forward CG limit"?

Enjoy!
John DeRosa

Actually, I saw this when it was first aired and if the pilot took off
with that fat a*# in the glider he should be shot!
Old May 21st 10, 12:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

Enjoyed!!!

I'd like to know how Mike got the FAA paperwork all done in the space
between "a few weeks ago" to flight time, never mind all those
repairs. Impressive!

~ted/2NO
Old May 21st 10, 01:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
150flivver

On May 20, 6:45*pm, Tuno wrote:
Enjoyed!!!

I'd like to know how Mike got the FAA paperwork all done in the space
between "a few weeks ago" to flight time, never mind all those
repairs. Impressive!

~ted/2NO

I read somewhere online that the glider and the helicopter segments of
Pawn Stars are complete fabrications. Pure theater and no reality.
Neither aircraft was restored. The aircraft shown flying were
different aircraft than the airframes shown needing repair/
restoration. The wrecks are still sitting out of the way at the
airfield in Las Vegas where it was filmed.
Old May 21st 10, 01:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ContestID67[_2_]

I went back to see if I could see the N number. No luck.
Old May 21st 10, 11:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob

I don't know how many arguments/discussions I've had with people about
"Reality TV"! It ain't folks!!!

Old May 21st 10, 09:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Cochrane

On May 20, 7:59*pm, ContestID67 wrote:
I went back to see if I could see the N number. *No luck.

The glider in the flying shot had a nice "sailplane enterprises" logo
painted on the side. I think that settles the fake question!
Old May 21st 10, 09:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grider Pirate

On May 21, 1:20*pm, John Cochrane
wrote:
On May 20, 7:59*pm, ContestID67 wrote:

I went back to see if I could see the N number. *No luck.

The glider in the flying shot had a nice "sailplane enterprises" logo
painted on the side. I think that settles the fake question!

I fortunately missed that episode, and was therefore able to enjoy the
show for a while. Seeing that one kind of ruined it for me.