Kiss your medical records privacy good-bye.

Old March 9th 09, 10:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Danny Deger[_2_]

Default Kiss your medical records privacy good-bye.

On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 20:17:10 GMT, vaughn wrote:

"Frank Stutzman" wrote in message
Has no one heard of HIPAA?

Yes I have! HIPAA is a sad joke. Insurance companies, the government,
employers and others can get around HIPAA by simply making the signing away
of your rights the price of doing business with them.

On the other hand, (as another poster already noted) HIPAA makes it almost
impossible for you to help manage the health issues of family or loved ones.
I have been in that situation, and it stinks.

Vaughn

HIPAA has NO teeth. I have personal experience with my privacy being
violated and the only consequence to the other party would be to file for
ACTUAL damages. I was told it is next to impossible to prove privacy
violations caused ACTUAL damages.

Danny Deger