And A Little Software Program Shall Lead Them...... :-)

Old July 11th 03, 01:52 PM
Gary L. Drescher

"Sydney Hoeltzli" wrote in message
Gary L. Drescher wrote:

I've never used On Top, but the replay features in MSFS are pretty cool.
You can get a simultaneous chart/track view and profile/altitude view.

Gary,

Do you know the earliest version of MSFS with this feature? '98?
2000?

Sorry, dunno offhand. It's been there awhile, but I don't know which
version first had it.

--Gary

Thanks,
Sydney

Old July 15th 03, 10:06 PM
Gary L. Drescher

"Michael" wrote in message
m...
"Gary L. Drescher" wrote
Now what I would REALLY like is a 'multiplayer' version for student
training. Ideally it would allow me to network in a second PC, show
me all the same instrument indications the student is getting, plus a
moving map presentation of where the student is, and the ability to
fail his instruments.

MS FS2002 Pro has an Instructor Mode that lets you do those things. It
works over the Internet, so you and the student don't even need to be in

the
same physical location.

WAY COOL! How come I never heard of this before? I guess I was
living under a rock. How does it work over the internet - is there a
site both machines have to log into? Do both machines need to be
running MS FS2002 Pro? Is there a way to do it without an internet
connection - like maybe USB, RS-232...

Have you ever used this feature? How well does it work?

I haven't used it myself, sorry. You'd have to check the documentation or
ask over at rec.aviation.simulators. As far as I've heard, the feature does
work well.

--Gary

Michael