Sad sad story for the Tomcat fans (Caution, disturbing!)

Old July 7th 07, 09:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

Default Sad sad story for the Tomcat fans (Caution, disturbing!)

This is from a Taihook Association web site:
http://tailhookdaily.typepad.com/tai...s-shredde.html

The comment to the one of the saddest videos I have seen says it all:
"Caution, disturbing video for fans of the Tomcat. Hide the Kids!
(Lex! No Popcorn!)".

What fear makes... But I believe the colorful Tomcat community still
remains in the memory of many of us - flyers, or just admirers like
me...

Best regards,
Jacek

Old July 11th 07, 06:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

On Jul 7, 2:59 am, wrote:
This is from a Taihook Association web site:http://tailhookdaily.typepad.com/tai...g/2007/07/tomc...

The comment to the one of the saddest videos I have seen says it all:
"Caution, disturbing video for fans of the Tomcat. Hide the Kids!
(Lex! No Popcorn!)".

What fear makes... But I believe the colorful Tomcat community still
remains in the memory of many of us - flyers, or just admirers like
me...

Best regards,
Jacek

That's what should happen to ALL war equipment.

Maybe save a few to mount on pylons so you war lovers can continue to
get your rocks off.

Old July 11th 07, 10:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

On 11 Lip, 19:51, wrote:

That's what should happen to ALL war equipment.

Maybe save a few to mount on pylons so you war lovers can continue to
get your rocks off.

Dear Sir,

It is a MILITARY aviation newsgroup. If you dropped here being a
pacifist, what you are looking for?

A satanist going to church to make everything goes allright, eh?;-)))

Old July 13th 07, 01:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
rstro

I think it's sad that our own military cannor gaurantee that the parts would
remain at ARMAC-

are they scared Binny is going to sneak off with parts???

probably a Boing conspiracy to make sure that a better aircraft doesn't
replace the super bug(g)
ups.com...

Old July 13th 07, 05:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Harry Andreas

In article , "rstro" wrote:

I think it's sad that our own military cannor gaurantee that the parts would
remain at ARMAC-

are they scared Binny is going to sneak off with parts???

probably a Boing conspiracy to make sure that a better aircraft doesn't
replace the super bug(g)

Better?
I have systems in both a/c, but I'd have to go with the Bug at the moment.
Three times (!) less maintenance per flight hour.
Much more modern avionics.
The Superbug's radar is actually better than the APG-71
Both old and new bugs fire AMRAAM, the F-14 cannot.
It doesn't matter how much more range it has if you can't keep it in the air.

More than likely they are worried about some nitwit senator ordering
them resurrected as they did the SR-71 after it was retired, and thereby
wasting large amounts of money better used elsewhere.

--
Harry Andreas
Engineering raconteur
Old July 14th 07, 01:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
rstro

Easy Harold-

just a little joshing-
I understand the maintenance issues and such--the avionics makes
sense --although the still have bugs(no pun intended) in the AESA
radar--don't they?
but you have to admit the short range is an issue

Old July 16th 07, 06:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Harry Andreas

In article , "rstro" wrote:

Easy Harold-

just a little joshing-
I understand the maintenance issues and such--the avionics makes
sense --although the still have bugs(no pun intended) in the AESA
radar--don't they?
but you have to admit the short range is an issue

AFAIK there are no bugs in the radar. What I've heard is that the
pilots rave about it.
Range has always been an issue with the Bug, although the
superbug is much better.

--
Harry Andreas
Engineering raconteur