Su-30s Got A Little MiG In Them

Old December 11th 09, 09:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Ron

Default Su-30s Got A Little MiG In Them

On Dec 10, 4:14*pm, William Black wrote:
Ron wrote:
On Dec 10, 11:29 am, Dennis wrote:
Ron wrote:

I once watched an Su-30 on fire, going off the runway with *no brakes,
into the arrest barrier.
Indian government later denied the entire thing every happened, and
said that the entire incident was just a pre-planned drill...
* * * * Now *that's* what I call a Chinese fire drill! *:-)

Dennis

It was interesting how it all turned out. * It could have actually
turned out a bit different and had me in the center of it all.

I was flying out of a Indian dual use air base that year, and I had
just finished leaving the runway after our mission was aborted. * I
pulled off the runway, go down the short distance to the taxiway to
our parking spot. *And just as I am about to shut down, one of their
Su-30s flies over the parking ramp rather low, and I was wondering
WTF?

That was shortly followed by the sight of the other Su-30, on fire
from the rear, and apparently with no brakes, going down the runway
where I had just been a couple of minutes earlier. * I think the
runway was slightly downhill too, and so it went right into the raised
arrest barrier. * There was quite a commotion after that, with fire
trucks, etc out there and a lot of people. *Unfortunately, getting a
photo was highly illegal there, and I would have been arrested for
it. * Usually photography at any Indian airport is taboo, and
especially someplace withe IAF pride and join, Su-30MKI.

So the next day in the paper, there is an article about an IAF Su-30
having making an emergency landing, which was true. *Apparently an
engine failed badly, taking out hydraulics with it, which is what was
burning from the rear.

Two days later, that story has now evolved into it being a
precautionary landing,with no real emergency.

Two more days later, story changes once again to it not being either
one of those, but now it was just a drill, planned in advance, with no
aircraft problem at all.

While I'm sure the Indian military authorities would love to make an
incident like that disappear, *I very much doubt the Indian press would..

--
William Black

Well, it pretty much did disappear.

Old December 11th 09, 09:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
David E. Powell

On Dec 10, 6:18*pm, mkf wrote:
On Dec 10, 5:13*pm, Korben Dallas wrote:

Mike wrote:

* ...

yeah... i wonder if that b-2 on guam had a "little mig in it"... or
maybe even more than a little?

And this F-117 has a ****load of MiG in it...

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...om.microso...- Hide quoted text -

This is like "Got a little Captain in ya?" for Captain Morgan.