A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Piloting
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

First SR-22 flight



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old December 23rd 06, 06:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gizzy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7
Default First SR-22 flight

I used to post on here as turboarrow, sold my plane about a year or so
ago and did some multi engine training in a sececa II, well, today I
just joined a Cirrus flight club here in the Phoenix Az area (FFZ) and
took my first flight... gotta tell you, thats one hell of a plane!!!

Fast and very slick.... most of flyign it is pretty easy, no issues...
my main issue is landing... landing is plane is easy... its getting the
plane slow and to decend... seems I get it down to 100 kts, then I have
to put the nose down to get down... in a few seconds I am at 120 kts
again... Overall very nice and fast plane, overall better esperience and
more work then I had expected.

Jeff

Ads
  #2  
Old December 23rd 06, 03:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike[_11_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 30
Default First SR-22 flight

Gizzy wrote:
I used to post on here as turboarrow, sold my plane about a year or so
ago and did some multi engine training in a sececa II, well, today I
just joined a Cirrus flight club here in the Phoenix Az area (FFZ) and
took my first flight... gotta tell you, thats one hell of a plane!!!

Fast and very slick.... most of flyign it is pretty easy, no issues...
my main issue is landing... landing is plane is easy... its getting the
plane slow and to decend... seems I get it down to 100 kts, then I have
to put the nose down to get down... in a few seconds I am at 120 kts
again... Overall very nice and fast plane, overall better esperience and
more work then I had expected.

Jeff


Sounds like you had a good experience for the most part. What did you
think of the single-handed yoke? Some people, from no particular source,
say the trim is also touchy.

--
Mike
  #3  
Old December 23rd 06, 07:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_1_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 211
Default First SR-22 flight

What is the name of this club? I haven't heard of it before...

--Dan


Gizzy wrote:
I used to post on here as turboarrow, sold my plane about a year or so
ago and did some multi engine training in a sececa II, well, today I
just joined a Cirrus flight club here in the Phoenix Az area (FFZ) and
took my first flight... gotta tell you, thats one hell of a plane!!!

Fast and very slick.... most of flyign it is pretty easy, no issues...
my main issue is landing... landing is plane is easy... its getting the
plane slow and to decend... seems I get it down to 100 kts, then I have
to put the nose down to get down... in a few seconds I am at 120 kts
again... Overall very nice and fast plane, overall better esperience and
more work then I had expected.

Jeff


  #4  
Old December 23rd 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gizzy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7
Default First SR-22 flight

I did not find the trim touchy at all, the yoke was kinda hard to get used to
for wind correction, its kinda tilted to the right so it felt as tho I had
some right aileron when I didnt. For the most part, I found that its different
then from what I hard heard about from others -- with the exception if getting
it slowed down, actually getting it slowed down was not to hard, it was
keeping it slowed down when you want to decend, the thing has a bad habit of
wanting to go fast...

Mike wrote:


Sounds like you had a good experience for the most part. What did you
think of the single-handed yoke? Some people, from no particular source,
say the trim is also touchy.

--
Mike


  #5  
Old December 23rd 06, 10:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gizzy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7
Default First SR-22 flight

Dan,
I sent you an email with some information, let me know if you did not get it.

Jeff


Dan wrote:

What is the name of this club? I haven't heard of it before...

--Dan

Gizzy wrote:
I used to post on here as turboarrow, sold my plane about a year or so
ago and did some multi engine training in a sececa II, well, today I
just joined a Cirrus flight club here in the Phoenix Az area (FFZ) and
took my first flight... gotta tell you, thats one hell of a plane!!!

Fast and very slick.... most of flyign it is pretty easy, no issues...
my main issue is landing... landing is plane is easy... its getting the
plane slow and to decend... seems I get it down to 100 kts, then I have
to put the nose down to get down... in a few seconds I am at 120 kts
again... Overall very nice and fast plane, overall better esperience and
more work then I had expected.

Jeff


  #6  
Old December 23rd 06, 10:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gizzy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7
Default First SR-22 flight

BTW its not a cheap club to join, not expensive, just not cheap either. Plus
you need 20 hours dual in the SR22 before you can solo
But that plane is worth it.

Jeff

Dan wrote:

What is the name of this club? I haven't heard of it before...

--Dan

Gizzy wrote:
I used to post on here as turboarrow, sold my plane about a year or so
ago and did some multi engine training in a sececa II, well, today I
just joined a Cirrus flight club here in the Phoenix Az area (FFZ) and
took my first flight... gotta tell you, thats one hell of a plane!!!

Fast and very slick.... most of flyign it is pretty easy, no issues...
my main issue is landing... landing is plane is easy... its getting the
plane slow and to decend... seems I get it down to 100 kts, then I have
to put the nose down to get down... in a few seconds I am at 120 kts
again... Overall very nice and fast plane, overall better esperience and
more work then I had expected.

Jeff


  #7  
Old December 23rd 06, 10:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_1_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 211
Default First SR-22 flight

Gizzy,

Thanks. I got the info. It looks more like a "rental" arrangement than
a club though. I belong to a non-profit club where all members own
shares of the aircraft. The "non-profit" arrangement keeps the rates
low.

--Dan


Gizzy wrote:
BTW its not a cheap club to join, not expensive, just not cheap either. Plus
you need 20 hours dual in the SR22 before you can solo
But that plane is worth it.

Jeff

Dan wrote:

What is the name of this club? I haven't heard of it before...

--Dan

Gizzy wrote:
I used to post on here as turboarrow, sold my plane about a year or so
ago and did some multi engine training in a sececa II, well, today I
just joined a Cirrus flight club here in the Phoenix Az area (FFZ) and
took my first flight... gotta tell you, thats one hell of a plane!!!

Fast and very slick.... most of flyign it is pretty easy, no issues...
my main issue is landing... landing is plane is easy... its getting the
plane slow and to decend... seems I get it down to 100 kts, then I have
to put the nose down to get down... in a few seconds I am at 120 kts
again... Overall very nice and fast plane, overall better esperience and
more work then I had expected.

Jeff


  #8  
Old December 23rd 06, 10:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gizzy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7
Default First SR-22 flight

Seems like the other clubs I h ave looked at, they charge a monthly membership
fee, which goes towards the airplane, then an hourly fee for using the plane, the
membership for the 22 is limited at 10 or 15 people, forgot which.

in the ones where you own shares of the airplane I have looked at, you usually
have to put down a large amount of money, say, 4 owners on the club, each person
has to put in 1/4 of the price of the plane, if you want out, you have to sell
your share of the plane. I know there are several ways to have a flight club.
But with a $400k + airplane, its hard to keep the rates real low.


Dan wrote:

Gizzy,

Thanks. I got the info. It looks more like a "rental" arrangement than
a club though. I belong to a non-profit club where all members own
shares of the aircraft. The "non-profit" arrangement keeps the rates
low.

--Dan


 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RAF Blind/Beam Approach Training flights Geoffrey Sinclair Military Aviation 3 September 4th 09 06:31 PM
FLIGHT SIMULATOR X DELUXE 2006-2007 (SIMULATION) 1DVD,Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004, and Addons, FLITESTAR V8.51 - JEPPESEN, MapInfo StreetPro U.S.A. [11 CDs], Rand McNally StreetFinder & TripMaker Deluxe 2004 [3 CDs], other T.E.L. General Aviation 0 October 14th 06 11:38 PM
UAV's and TFR's along the Mexico boarder John Doe Piloting 145 March 31st 06 06:58 PM
us air force us air force academy us air force bases air force museum us us air force rank us air force reserve adfunk Jehad Internet Military Aviation 0 February 7th 04 05:24 AM
"I Want To FLY!"-(Youth) My store to raise funds for flying lessons Curtl33 General Aviation 7 January 10th 04 12:35 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 AviationBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.