Tonight on NOVA....

Old January 30th 07, 06:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

Default Tonight on NOVA....

Check your local PBS listings

8PM the SwissAir crash in Canada

9PM the Tenerife (sic) 747 collision
Old January 30th 07, 07:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

8PM the SwissAir crash in Canada
9PM the Tenerife (sic) 747 collision

Dang, and it's Movie Night at the inn. We're showing "Airport",
flying the Kiwi, and doing some hangar flying...

Someone's gotta tape it for me!

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 30th 07, 07:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Theune

Jay Honeck wrote:
8PM the SwissAir crash in Canada
9PM the Tenerife (sic) 747 collision

Dang, and it's Movie Night at the inn. We're showing "Airport",
flying the Kiwi, and doing some hangar flying...

Someone's gotta tape it for me!

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

Ya gotta get a TIVO!
Old January 30th 07, 08:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On 30 Jan 2007 11:27:18 -0800, "Jay Honeck" wrote
in .com:

Someone's gotta tape it for me!

You mean to tell me you don't have a Tevo DVR?
It's time to join the 21st century. :-)
Old January 31st 07, 02:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Fry

"LD" == Larry Dighera writes:

LD You mean to tell me you don't have a Tevo DVR? It's time to
LD join the 21st century. :-)

You mean you still use TiVo?? You are so last century. There's free
or cheap alternatives that are much better and no monthly fees.
--
I once met an assassin who's nickname was fart. I ask him why he has
this nickname and he tells me it's because he's silent but deadly.

Old January 31st 07, 09:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
G. Sylvester

Jay,
If you dont' have it already, get the Discovery Channel DVD's on
SpaceShipOne. Absolutely incredibly well done. Beyond inspiring. I
probably have watched the first DVD 50+ times. By far the best flying
"movie" I've ever seen. Burt Rutan should win a Nobel Prize. Only
problem is which category?

Gerald
Old January 31st 07, 01:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 18:03:29 -0800, Bob Fry
wrote in :

There's free or cheap alternatives that are much better and no monthly fees.

Got a link?
Old January 31st 07, 02:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_2_]

wrote in :

There's free or cheap alternatives that are much better and no monthly fees.

Got a link?

I'd like to see that myself. My TiVo hardware was free, but I pay $5 a
month for the service.

I'm so happy with TiVO, if there's something better and free, I think
I'll crap myself. G

Let's hear it!
Old January 31st 07, 02:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

You mean to tell me you don't have a Tevo DVR?
It's time to join the 21st century. :-)

It's funny you should ask. Just the other day, during the playoffs, I
discovered a "record" button on my cable TV remote. I asked my son
"What's that?" -- and he casually responded "Oh, that's for the DVR"

I was astounded. This box has been in my house for over a year, and I
had no idea it was a DVR! I decided to record the Bear's victory
over Seattle, as a test run...

Unfortunately, when it came time to play it back, neither my son nor I
could find a "play" button in any of the menus. The thing has
apparently dutifully recorded the game, but there is no software
button for "play" -- at least in our cable TV package.

I suppose that's available for an extra monthly fee...?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA