Would you fly more if airplanes cost $10/hr wet to rent? Could it ever happen?

Old May 21st 12, 06:10 AM
Capt. Wes B. Capt. Wes B. is offline
Banned

Default Would you fly more if airplanes cost $10/hr wet to rent? Could it ever happen?

So, I have noticed how restricting the cost of flying is. It freaks me out, and even makes me angry when I talk to people who passingly state that they had a pilots license but it was just to expensive. I get kinda mad because it is like a waste. I know how hard I worked to get mine at age eighteen. Then when I hear people speak of getting their license as some taboo afterthought I get this cold chill over me. Dare I say I see that person in a different almost unfavorable light. I think that having your pilots license and sticking with at least trying to make sure your "Biennial Flight Review" is current at minimum is at least worth it.

To me it shows a persons character. I mean really, $150 every other year...? But that of course brings me to my topic of this discussion. Right now the fact is that their are more pilots who were at one time current then their are pilots who are current. Do you think that it is because of finances, or because they just don't feel like putting the effort into keeping current? Would lowering the cost of flying make a difference?

Give me your thoughts on this....

Capt. Wes B.
B.S. Aviation Management CFI-I, MEI

Marketniner.com Buy, Sell, or Trade All Things Aviation-First Ad is Free!
Old May 21st 12, 06:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Money is everything, particularly when you don't have it.

A Preliminary Assessment of the Potential Cost and Cost-Effectiveness of Space-Based Weapons. Mike[_7_] Naval Aviation 0 November 2nd 07 04:18 PM
This won't happen again AJ Piloting 17 April 5th 06 07:10 AM
Could it happen here? Skylune Piloting 14 January 27th 06 08:05 AM
These are not YOUR airplanes - Was: High Cost of Sportplanes Lakeview Bill Home Built 28 September 21st 05 01:37 PM
Could it happen he The High Cost of Operating in Europe Larry Dighera Piloting 5 July 14th 03 02:34 AM