A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Piloting
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Would you fly more if airplanes cost $10/hr wet to rent? Could it ever happen?

Old May 21st 12, 06:10 AM
Banned

First recorded activity by AviationBanter: May 2012
Default Would you fly more if airplanes cost $10/hr wet to rent? Could it ever happen?

So, I have noticed how restricting the cost of flying is. It freaks me out, and even makes me angry when I talk to people who passingly state that they had a pilots license but it was just to expensive. I get kinda mad because it is like a waste. I know how hard I worked to get mine at age eighteen. Then when I hear people speak of getting their license as some taboo afterthought I get this cold chill over me. Dare I say I see that person in a different almost unfavorable light. I think that having your pilots license and sticking with at least trying to make sure your "Biennial Flight Review" is current at minimum is at least worth it.

To me it shows a persons character. I mean really, $150 every other year...? But that of course brings me to my topic of this discussion. Right now the fact is that their are more pilots who were at one time current then their are pilots who are current. Do you think that it is because of finances, or because they just don't feel like putting the effort into keeping current? Would lowering the cost of flying make a difference?

Give me your thoughts on this....

Capt. Wes B.
B.S. Aviation Management CFI-I, MEI

Marketniner.com Buy, Sell, or Trade All Things Aviation-First Ad is Free!
Old May 21st 12, 06:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic
external usenet poster

Default Would you fly more if airplanes cost $10/hr wet to rent? Could it ever happen?

Money is everything, particularly when you don't have it.