HP-24 Project Update

Old March 23rd 10, 03:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grider Pirate

Default HP-24 Project Update

Another update on the HP-24 Project is posted: http://www.hpaircraft.com/hp-24/

Things that really got my attention in this update: Flush riveting
the pushrod tubes so they can be removed for MAINTENANCE, building in
inspection ports to facilitate MAINTENANCE? Bob, what are you
thinking?? Oh, maybe that someone might want a glider they can expect
to keep flying for many years WITHOUT CUTTING HOLES IN IT to keep it
in good shape?
Old March 23rd 10, 07:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

On Mar 23, 8:13*am, Grider Pirate wrote:
Another update on the HP-24 Project is posted:http://www.hpaircraft.com/hp-24/

Things that really got my attention in this update: *Flush riveting
the pushrod tubes so they can be removed for MAINTENANCE, building in
inspection ports to facilitate MAINTENANCE? Bob, what are you
thinking?? *Oh, maybe that someone might want a glider they can expect
to keep flying for many years WITHOUT CUTTING HOLES IN IT to keep it
in good shape?

Yup, we cut the holes in the wing so you don't have to! Vans does that
too for their "pre-drilled" kits...

Thanks, Bob K.
Old March 24th 10, 01:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nimbob

On Mar 23, 12:18*pm, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
On Mar 23, 8:13*am, Grider Pirate wrote:

Another update on the HP-24 Project is posted:http://www.hpaircraft.com/hp-24/

Things that really got my attention in this update: *Flush riveting
the pushrod tubes so they can be removed for MAINTENANCE, building in
inspection ports to facilitate MAINTENANCE? Bob, what are you
thinking?? *Oh, maybe that someone might want a glider they can expect
to keep flying for many years WITHOUT CUTTING HOLES IN IT to keep it
in good shape?

Yup, we cut the holes in the wing so you don't have to! Vans does that
too for their "pre-drilled" kits...

Thanks, Bob K.

Us maintenance guys love ya Bob!!!

Jim
Old March 25th 10, 01:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Van Treese

On Mar 23, 6:22*pm, Nimbob wrote:
On Mar 23, 12:18*pm, Bob Kuykendall wrote:

On Mar 23, 8:13*am, Grider Pirate wrote:

Another update on the HP-24 Project is posted:http://www.hpaircraft.com/hp-24/

Things that really got my attention in this update: *Flush riveting
the pushrod tubes so they can be removed for MAINTENANCE, building in
inspection ports to facilitate MAINTENANCE? Bob, what are you
thinking?? *Oh, maybe that someone might want a glider they can expect
to keep flying for many years WITHOUT CUTTING HOLES IN IT to keep it
in good shape?

Yup, we cut the holes in the wing so you don't have to! Vans does that
too for their "pre-drilled" kits...

Thanks, Bob K.

Us maintenance guys love ya Bob!!!

Jim

Out of curiosity, what ever happened to the motorglider project?
There hasn't been an update on the web site for several years...
Old March 25th 10, 12:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
TRKA

I must say the HP24 Project is really the coolest DIY aircraft project
i have ever seen. Where do you have your skills?
Are you a employeed at boeing or skunk works lockheed martin? hehe

You are doing a fantastic job! Hope to see the first flights in
2010/2011

Old March 25th 10, 12:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
TRKA

On 25 Mrz., 13:16, TRKA wrote:
I must say the HP24 Project is really the coolest DIY aircraft project
i have ever seen. Where do you have your skills?
Are you a employeed at boeing or skunk works lockheed martin? hehe

You are doing a fantastic job! Hope to see the first flights in
2010/2011

I wanted to write : Where do you have your skills FROM?
Old March 25th 10, 04:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

On Mar 24, 6:16*pm, Bob Van Treese wrote:

Out of curiosity, what ever happened to the motorglider project?
There hasn't been an update on the web site for several years...

Brad's Glidair project is on the back burner while we get the HP-24
sorted out. That makes sense, since the Glidair uses the same wings as
the HP-24.
Old March 25th 10, 04:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

On Mar 25, 5:18*am, TRKA wrote:

I wanted to write : Where do you have your skills FROM?

My composites and development skills are mostly school of hard knocks.
Or as Triumph mechanics might call it, "Stanpart University." I've had
a lot of advice from guys like George Applebay, Greg Cole, Harald
Buettner, and many others, but I also just try a lot of stuff and if
it works, do more like that.

To a pretty high degree, my design skills come from reverse-
engineering Dick Schreder's HP-series sailplanes and picking apart
crashed European sailplanes.

Thanks, Bob K.

NASA Project Mercury Pics.part12.rar (05/35) - NASA Project Mercury Pics.part12.rar (07/35) - NASA Project Mercury Pics.part12.rar (18/35) - NASA Project Mercury Pics.part12.rar (01/35) - NASA Project Mercury Pics.part12.rar (01/35) - NASA Projec The Old Bloke[_9_] Aviation Photos 5 August 18th 08 07:37 AM
Update on 172 project Wayne Piloting 3 March 14th 04 03:19 PM
Update on 172 project Wayne Owning 0 March 12th 04 12:22 AM
Project update Dave Hyde Home Built 7 October 19th 03 02:45 PM
Schweizer 1-20 project update Guy Byars Soaring 1 September 2nd 03 04:36 PM