As if somebody was going to steal it

Old March 17th 05, 06:16 AM
Happy Dog

Default As if somebody was going to steal it

Maybe someone can explain the need for this:

"Within minutes of Riar (the pilot) being handed the memo, a scene from a
Hollywood thriller unfolded. White Ford Broncos from the Greater Toronto
Airports Authority zoomed onto the tarmac, encircling his jet and others in
the Jetsgo fleet. The company, as it was doing at airports across Canada,
was safeguarding its biggest assets, 14 Boeing MD-83 and 15 Fokker 100 jets,
an aging fleet of leased and purchased planes."

http://makeashorterlink.com/?B104211BA

The plane was parked at the gate.

moo

Old March 17th 05, 07:34 PM
Icebound

"Happy Dog" wrote in message
Maybe someone can explain the need for this:

"Within minutes of Riar (the pilot) being handed the memo, a scene from a
Hollywood thriller unfolded. White Ford Broncos from the Greater Toronto
Airports Authority zoomed onto the tarmac, encircling his jet and others
in the Jetsgo fleet. The company, as it was doing at airports across
Canada, was safeguarding its biggest assets, 14 Boeing MD-83 and 15 Fokker
100 jets, an aging fleet of leased and purchased planes."

http://makeashorterlink.com/?B104211BA

The plane was parked at the gate.

....I believe the security is to prevent chaos.

Otherwise organizations like the Ottawa Airport, owed hundreds of thousands
in fees, would attempt to descend on the planes with claims and try to seize
them in lieu of payment.

Old March 17th 05, 08:39 PM
John Galban

Happy Dog wrote:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?B104211BA

From the article : "Hill was still planning for the future, flying
home after a three-day flight simulator course in Miami, where he'd
practised emergency landing techniques in case a jet engine burst into
flames."

Those journalists can't help themselves, can they. Even a story
about a bankrupt airline has to have mythical engines bursting into
flames. Sheesh!

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Old March 18th 05, 12:12 AM
Brian Burger

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, John Galban wrote:

Happy Dog wrote:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?B104211BA

From the article : "Hill was still planning for the future, flying
home after a three-day flight simulator course in Miami, where he'd
practised emergency landing techniques in case a jet engine burst into
flames."

Those journalists can't help themselves, can they. Even a story
about a bankrupt airline has to have mythical engines bursting into
flames. Sheesh!

The writing in that article was pretty shoddy all around, IMNSHO. Apart
from the HTML formatting errors - all those extra question marks - the
article seemed pretty cliched (flaming engines & all) and awkward.

I don't know anything about the Toronto Star, but I hope the rest of their
writing is better than this example!

Brian
Old March 18th 05, 02:38 AM

On 17 Mar 2005 11:39:45 -0800, "John Galban"
wrote:

snip

From the article : "Hill was still planning for the future, flying
home after a three-day flight simulator course in Miami, where he'd
practised emergency landing techniques in case a jet engine burst into
flames."

Those journalists can't help themselves, can they. Even a story
about a bankrupt airline has to have mythical engines bursting into
flames. Sheesh!

I thought the article was a little weak, as well. But, if you've
spent any amount of time in a simulator, you wouldn't question the
"burst into flames" part.

After my first stint in a sim, the instructor asked me what I thought.
I told him I thought I'd like to strangle the people that had been
maintaining the POS plane I was flying.

Multiple system failures and engine fires are SOP during sim training.

TC
Old March 18th 05, 02:41 AM
Happy Dog

"Icebound"
The plane was parked at the gate.

...I believe the security is to prevent chaos.

Otherwise organizations like the Ottawa Airport, owed hundreds of
thousands in fees, would attempt to descend on the planes with claims and
try to seize them in lieu of payment.

In Toronto? And, how does the party wishing to seize the plane get onto the
ramp of any international airport? It seems that a single security guard or
police officer would suffice.

moo

Old March 18th 05, 01:42 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, Brian Burger said:
The writing in that article was pretty shoddy all around, IMNSHO. Apart
from the HTML formatting errors - all those extra question marks - the
article seemed pretty cliched (flaming engines & all) and awkward.

The extra question marks just mean that it was written in a Microsoft tool
and you're smart enough not to use a Microsoft browser. Like everything
else in the Microsoft world, their character set is non-standard.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Why don't companies make second-person shooter games? I mean, we
Old March 18th 05, 04:59 PM
C J Campbell

"Happy Dog" wrote in message
Maybe someone can explain the need for this:

"Within minutes of Riar (the pilot) being handed the memo, a scene from a
Hollywood thriller unfolded. White Ford Broncos from the Greater Toronto
Airports Authority zoomed onto the tarmac, encircling his jet and others

in
the Jetsgo fleet.

So, how many Broncos were there? Was OJ driving one of them?

Anyway, yes, in a bankruptcy it is important to stake your claim in seizing
the planes before some other creditor does. They could indeed be stolen. In
fact, airliners have been stolen by creditors before -- flown right off the
field.