December 17 flight plans anyone?

Old December 14th 03, 11:47 PM
Bush

We were going to take the Gull Wing down but not quite certain...WX
patterns in the same swing. Snow deluxe here in MA.

Have a great one!

Bush
Old December 15th 03, 03:01 PM
Marco Leon

Are you working that day?? That's actually a good idea. I may have a
couple of hours to kill if my afternoon meeting gets cancelled. I'll look
into it. Thanks!

Marco

"Margy Natalie" wrote in message
If you are going to be in Northern VA you should try to visit the Steven

F.
Udvar-Hazy Center of the National Air and Space Museum. It opens Monday

and is
WONDERFUL.

Margy

Marco Leon wrote:

So far it looks like bad wx in the Northeast. I need to go on a biz trip
from Long Island to DC and I may fly the Warrior to JYO (Leesburg) and

take
a cab to my destination in McLean. I have a plane ticket on the Delta
Shuttle but I'll hop in the plane if the stars line up. It'll probably

be
busy at the VFR altitudes so I would go IFR for the traffic and the ADIZ
considerations.

If not, I'll make sure to sit in my plane when I get home and bask in

the
glory of it all.

Regards,

Marco

"Jack Allison" wrote in message
Is anyone planning on celebrating the 100th anniversary by going out

and
flying on 12/17? Going anywhere special or simply converting cash

into
lift? So long as it's a VFR day here in the CA central valley, I'm

planning
on leaving work a couple hours early and going flying. Nowhere

special,
just planning on enjoying a chance to fly.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

http://www.usenet.com
Old December 15th 03, 09:11 PM
Jack Allison

And, at taxpayer expense to boot! :-) Not complaining mind you...a bit
jealous though :-)

Old December 15th 03, 09:18 PM
Jack Allison

LHM, just up the road from you.

Old December 15th 03, 09:23 PM
Jack Allison

Read the Air & Space article on the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center...looks very
cool! Definitely on my list of places to visit. Hmmm, I smell a long
x-country flight a few years down the road...

So Margy, you get to go to the opening of the center, then maybe fly down to
Kitty Hawk...in a 172? What, no Navion? I suppose 2 out of 3 isn't bad.

Ron really lets you fly in high wings?

ducking :-)

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

"Margy Natalie" wrote in message
I'm going to Kitty Hawk right after opening the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy

Center.
Hope to get a ride from a friend in a 172, but if weather doesn't allow

I'll
drive.

Margy

Old December 16th 03, 08:39 AM
Montblack

("Brian Burger" wrote)
snip
One cool thing the Club is doing is certificates. Everyone who flies at
the Club on the 17th (not just the pilots) gets a nice-looking "I Helped
Celebrate 100 Years of Aviation" certificate that the Club's had made up,
all signed by our Chief Flying Instructor & our President.

Neat idea.

On the 17th, I'll be heading over to the Lindbergh terminal at the
Minneapolis/St.Paul International Airport (MSP) Wold-Chamberlain Field.

Flight to Atlanta

I volunteered to drive a friend over there on Wednesday - he's the one
flying to Atlanta.

After that I'll drive home, let the poodle out, then head over to ANE
(Anoka-Blaine) to do what I enjoy doing - driving around, chatting with
folks, etc.

--
Montblack
http://lumma.de/mt/archives/bart.gif

Old December 16th 03, 11:24 AM
Frederick Wilson

Sorry but the price of freedom ain't cheap. :-)

If it helps, I assure you there will be some tactical training going on.
Besides, the poor ole Huey has been up-staged by the Blackhawk. The Huey is
pretty much only used for point A to point B flying anymore. Although, we
did have them out doing sling loads the last couple of weeks. Not as nice as
doing slings with a Chinook but surely do-able.

Fred

Old December 16th 03, 11:37 PM
jon

I returned a few hours ago from my flight to celebrate the 100th
anniversary.
A few years ago I had an idea for a flight I wanted to take but never
motivated to do it.
Thanks in a good part to this post I thought to do it on the 17th. With the
weather in New York looking very bad for tomorrow I took the flight today.

Today I landed at all 11 public paved airports on long island in ny in a
round robin flight.

Islip
Farmingdale
Kennedy Intl
La Guardia
Mattituck
Fishers Island
Montauk
East Hampton
West Hampton ( Gabreski )
Spadaro ( east moriches )
Brookhaven
Islip

It was a fun day of flying and a tribute to all the aviators and people of
aviation who have made it possible for me to FLY !! Thank You.....

Jon G.

Old December 17th 03, 08:57 PM
Jack Allison

Very nice Jon. That's a lot of airports in one day!

I have yet to go flying today, planning on being in the air around 3:30
pacific time. Fortunately, weather isn't a factor...48 degrees and sunny
skies in my neck of the woods.

Old December 20th 03, 02:16 AM
Margy Natalie

Well, I opened the center and took off from Dulles with a friend in a CLASSIC
172. Beauttiful flight!

Margy