Glider pics

Old December 23rd 03, 05:56 AM
Chuck

Default Glider pics

I took some pics of my cousins "new" glider the other day. They are at
http://nascarchuck.topcities.com/index.htm if anyone cares to see them. Also
some F-18 pics.

Old December 23rd 03, 07:02 AM
BTIZ

Chuck... you need to dual post on rec.aviation.soaring

great pics.. loads slow.. you need to resize them for web viewing..

BT

ink.net...

Old December 23rd 03, 07:06 AM
BTIZ

Chuck.. I see the next glider pilot in training helping out.. when he can
see over the cockpit.. he's about old enough..

BT

ink.net...

Old December 23rd 03, 03:05 PM
Chuck

"BTIZ" wrote in message
Chuck.. I see the next glider pilot in training helping out.. when he can
see over the cockpit.. he's about old enough..

BT

Thanks...

Is 800X600 still too large? I have DSL, so it loads ok for me. What size
would you recommend?

That was my cousins (owners brother) son. I think he is 7.

We had the right wing on the ground and were pulling the fuselage off of the
trailer. My cousin (owner) happened to look over at the wing and saw the kid
walking on top of the wing! My cousin (owner) just about had a heart attack!

Old December 23rd 03, 05:05 PM
BTIZ

Chuck.. I can't go back and look, I'm getting "temp unavailable".. they want
you to upgrade (pay them more) for the site.

If I remember correctly, your finished pictures as posted were still about
400+ kb, that is to large for most, 80% of the world is still on dialup
accounts and not high speed.
I use Paint Shop Pro, (there are other photo editors) and resize the photo
down to about 400x?? or 500x??, keep it proportional and use that to post to
the web. The file size should be down to about 100kb or less, when posting
on the web you can adjust the size picture.
800x600 is great for printing 4x6 color pictures, with great resolution, but
most computer monitors can get away with a lot less.

Try a few experiments, take the same picture at various sizes (800x600 and
on down) and see what happens when you post them to the web.

I look forward to seeing the progress of your soaring lessons.. you'll need
a 2 seater to start, most start in a SGS 2-33, transition to a 1-26 before
moving on.

I've never flown a 1-36, some say they are ok, some say they are harder to
handle. But I say... it's all in what and how you are trained.

funny how kids like to walk on things.. he can take lessons in 6 yrs and
solo at 14. He'll know a lot more by then.

enjoy
BT

"Chuck" wrote in message
link.net...

Old December 23rd 03, 08:42 PM
Chuck

"BTIZ" wrote in message
Chuck.. I can't go back and look, I'm getting "temp unavailable".. they

want
you to upgrade (pay them more) for the site.

If I remember correctly, your finished pictures as posted were still about
400+ kb, that is to large for most, 80% of the world is still on dialup
accounts and not high speed.
I use Paint Shop Pro, (there are other photo editors) and resize the photo
down to about 400x?? or 500x??, keep it proportional and use that to post

the web. The file size should be down to about 100kb or less, when posting
on the web you can adjust the size picture.
800x600 is great for printing 4x6 color pictures, with great resolution,

but
most computer monitors can get away with a lot less.

snip

Thanks for the advice.

I thought that I had the pics right around 100k, but I may be wrong.

After I read your post earlier, I tried to access the site and noticed that
it was down for excessive bandwidth usage. I guess that I will move them all
to my Earthlink space and will repost the link.

I hope to get lessons maybe in the spring, and trust me, ya'll will hear
about it if I do! haha

Old December 25th 03, 06:23 AM
Chuck

"Chuck" wrote in message
ink.net...
I took some pics of my cousins "new" glider the other day. They are at
http://nascarchuck.topcities.com/index.htm if anyone cares to see them.

Also
some F-18 pics.

Moved them to http://home.earthlink.net/~vwracer/ because of bandwidth