A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Sean F (F2) as spam

Old April 17th 13, 03:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
brianDG303[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Sean F (F2) as spam

I get a lot out of this group but less now that a huge number of posts are initiated by Mr. Sean F (F2). I understand that there are ways to filter out these posts and tips on how to so are welcome. Also, in the past posts could be flagged as spam and we no longer seem to be able to do that. There would be value in the group as a whole being able to identify individuals with internet personality disorders and restricting the amount of posts they are able to inflict on the group.

Old April 17th 13, 05:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber
external usenet poster

You have your choice of News Readers to read RAS and some of them allow you to
filter individual posters. RAS is fundamentally just data. A News Reader is a tool to display and interact with that data.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsreader_%28Usenet%29

Google Groups (a News Reader for RAS) allows you to report topics as "abuse" for the "other" reason and this hides the topic, but only for you. Once a number of people report the thread as "abuse" it is flagged for other users (but only in some news readers.) You have to pay for the corporate version of Google Groups to obtain the functionality of filtering individual posters (so a free news reader is a good option).

Poke around in the options for your News Reader and you may find what you're looking for. It's worth the effort to learn how if you spend any time at all on RAS.

Use Google to search for "News Reader" to find out more. There are lots of articles that review the various tools (aka News Readers).

Old April 17th 13, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On the contrary,I welcome F2's posts. Sean is a fiddler...of new technology and is dedicated to share his experiences. His outstanding videos are educational and entertaining; they have taken many pilots where they would never dare to tread. Please let us know when you get your filter program sorted out; I would like to use it for RAS contributions such as yours.

Ben

On Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:30:00 PM UTC-4, brianDG303 wrote:
I get a lot out of this group but less now that a huge number of posts are initiated by Mr. Sean F (F2). I understand that there are ways to filter out these posts and tips on how to so are welcome. Also, in the past posts could be flagged as spam and we no longer seem to be able to do that. There would be value in the group as a whole being able to identify individuals with internet personality disorders and restricting the amount of posts they are able to inflict on the group.

Old April 17th 13, 09:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]
external usenet poster

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 21:32:52 -0700, son_of_flubber wrote:

Poke around in the options for your News Reader and you may find what
you're looking for. It's worth the effort to learn how if you spend any
time at all on RAS.

If you are a Windows user I suggest to download and try Forte Free Agent,
which is fully functional except that it has no killfile. If you like it,
stump up the $30 for Forte Agent, which does have an excellent killfile
capability. You don't even need a second download: plugging in the
license code turns Free Agent into Agent. It also covers you for future
releases and upgrades.

Back when I used Windows I tried a number of newsreaders and Agent was
easily the best of the bunch.

Since switching to Linux I use and can recommend the Pan newsreader,
which may also be available for Apple machines.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
org |
Old April 17th 13, 09:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bill palmer
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, April 17, 2013 7:24:18 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On the contrary,I welcome F2's posts. Sean is a fiddler...of new technology and is dedicated to share his experiences. His outstanding videos are educational and entertaining; they have taken many pilots where they would never dare to tread. Please let us know when you get your filter program sorted out; I would like to use it for RAS contributions such as yours.

Ben

Where are his videos posted? Do you have a link to one or more?
Thanks
Old April 17th 13, 11:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SP[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, April 17, 2013 2:07:23 PM UTC-6, Bill Palmer wrote:
On Wednesday, April 17, 2013 7:24:18 AM UTC-7, wrote:

Ben

Where are his videos posted? Do you have a link to one or more?

Thanks

Bill,
http://www.youtube.com/user/SeanFidler/videos
Brian, Its funny that you talk about value in the group and you start a thread solely for the purpose of insulting someone. Soaring is a small community and this could provide for some awkward moments when we are all at the convention having dinner and drinks during the evening banquets. Relax.