what is good sound proofing for interior?!?!

Old May 12th 04, 02:31 AM
Rick

Default what is good sound proofing for interior?!?!

What produce can I use in my Hi-performance VW in order to keep the
noise out of the passenger compartment? My wife is having a hard time
with the dual carb, header situation when we go for a sunday fly, I
mean drive.

Rick
Bass Players Drink Bass
Old May 12th 04, 02:45 AM
VideoFlyer

I think all produce, as long as it's fresh and properly washed, will work about
the same.

:-)
Old May 12th 04, 03:35 AM
Ernest Christley

Rick wrote:
What produce can I use in my Hi-performance VW in order to keep the
noise out of the passenger compartment? My wife is having a hard time
with the dual carb, header situation when we go for a sunday fly, I
mean drive.

Rick
Bass Players Drink Bass

Carrots. 2ea. One in each ear?

--
http://www.ernest.isa-geek.org/
"Ignorance is mankinds normal state,
Old May 12th 04, 04:53 AM
Morgans

"Rick" wrote in message
om...
What produce can I use in my Hi-performance VW in order to keep the
noise out of the passenger compartment? My wife is having a hard time
with the dual carb, header situation when we go for a sunday fly, I
mean drive.

Rick
Bass Players Drink Bass

Drive it into a lake, and leave it there. Water will not absorb the nois,
but it will be very quiet.

Jim (former VW with a header owner, "thank God") in NC

---

Old May 12th 04, 07:01 AM
Dillon Pyron

On Wed, 12 May 2004 02:35:23 GMT, Ernest Christley
wrote:

Rick wrote:
What produce can I use in my Hi-performance VW in order to keep the
noise out of the passenger compartment? My wife is having a hard time
with the dual carb, header situation when we go for a sunday fly, I
mean drive.

Rick
Bass Players Drink Bass

Carrots. 2ea. One in each ear?

Rich :-)

I was going to suggest a one inch thick spread of guacamole.
--
dillon

When I was a kid, I thought the angel's name was Hark
and the horse's name was Bob.
Old May 12th 04, 06:13 PM
jerry Wass

Sheet lead is by far the best sound deadening material, but it has to be
freely
suspended from vibrating objects/surfaces---1" soft foam + 1/16" sheet
lead
is very good..

Old May 13th 04, 12:40 AM
Rich S.

Rick wrote:
What produce can I use in my Hi-performance VW in order to keep the
noise out of the passenger compartment? My wife is having a hard time
with the dual carb, header situation when we go for a sunday fly, I
mean drive.

Rick
Bass Players Drink Bass

Rick..........

Unlike others, I refuse to lower myself to making light of the use of your
word "produce" instead of what you obviously meant "products".

I have found that most of the owners of high-revving Japanese automobiles in
this area invest several thousand dollars in sound reproduction electronics
(we used to call them stereos) to overcome the disagreeable sounds of
pistons swapping holes at 8000 rpm. One problem with this approach is the
alternator required to recharge the battery is almost as large as the
engine, and sucks down as much horsepower as the drive wheels. It doesn't
matter really, as most of these glittery skateboards are about as fast as a
'49 Chev torpedo. I really like the added touch of ground effect neon
lighting and trunk spoilers to increase traction on front-wheel drive cars.

But back to your question - in actuality, two questions. To quiet the
engine, the OPEC countries have, just for you, raised the price of noise. We
are all more than happy to participate in your program. There are a few who
are a bit put out over $3.00 a gallon gasoline, so we have given them your
phone number. The solution to the problem with your wife should be obvious.
While she is mowing the lawn with her new, quiet, electric lawnmower, may I
suggest you spend some quality time on highway 101 at 120 mph with a 28 year
old redhead. A stop at a motel overlooking the Pacific with a good wine
cellar will put your quandry to rest.

Rich "The big picture" S.

Old May 13th 04, 01:17 AM
gerrcoin

Rick wrote:
What produce can I use in my Hi-performance VW in order to keep the
noise out of the passenger compartment? My wife is having a hard time
with the dual carb, header situation when we go for a sunday fly, I
mean drive.

Rick
Bass Players Drink Bass

Find a switch labeled Magnetos, and change it to the Off position.
That should fix the noise problem. Post if you have any further
difficulties.... :-)

Old May 13th 04, 01:24 AM
Rick

Rick wrote:

What produce can I use in my Hi-performance VW in order to keep the
noise out of the passenger compartment? My wife is having a hard time
with the dual carb, header situation when we go for a sunday fly, I
mean drive.

Rick
Bass Players Drink Bass

Thank you guys for all the useless and useful info, but really, is not
there a spray or glue-in installation type material that you
homebuilders use to keep enine noise out of the pass. compartment?

Rick
Bass Players Drink Bass