Continental O-200 ?

Old September 17th 06, 02:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stealth Pilot

Default Continental O-200 ?

I noticed in another post that the Continental O-200 is back in new
manufacture again.

Are there any links to the price of the new engine and the
specification differences between the old O-200 that I fly with and
would like to replace and the new O-200 LSA engine?

I spent an hour probing the TCM website and found nothing.

when did they put this little masterpiece back into production?

Stealth Pilot
Australia
Old September 17th 06, 04:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Reggie

http://www.mattituck.com/

Old September 17th 06, 05:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Reggie wrote:
Stealth Pilot wrote:
I noticed in another post that the Continental O-200 is back in new
manufacture again.

Are there any links to the price of the new engine and the
specification differences between the old O-200 that I fly with and
would like to replace and the new O-200 LSA engine?

I spent an hour probing the TCM website and found nothing.

when did they put this little masterpiece back into production?

Stealth Pilot
Australia

http://www.mattituck.com/

Where at the Mattituck site is Stealth's question answered?

Old September 17th 06, 06:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Vaughn Simon

wrote in message
ups.com...

http://www.mattituck.com/

Where at the Mattituck site is Stealth's question answered?

Under the "Experimental" button. That is a strange site that does not
display discrete urls for each page.

Anyhow, they will sell you a brand new O-200 for a mere $17,100. They seem
to be made of all new factory parts, but are not "certified" engines. Are these
the engines that they are putting in the new LSAs?

Vaughn

Old September 17th 06, 06:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
flybynightkarmarepair

Where at the Mattituck site is Stealth's question answered?

http://www.mattituck.com/TMX20-24.htm

Old September 17th 06, 07:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Vaughn Simon wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

http://www.mattituck.com/

Where at the Mattituck site is Stealth's question answered?

Under the "Experimental" button. That is a strange site that does not
display discrete urls for each page.

Anyhow, they will sell you a brand new O-200 for a mere $17,100. They seem
to be made of all new factory parts, but are not "certified" engines. Are these
the engines that they are putting in the new LSAs?

Vaughn

CubCrafters and Legend are building J-3 lookalikes with O-200
Continentals, but they are certified. I'm sure other manufacturers
are using the respected O-200 too.

Only thing I would do, if I bought a new engine, is put Millenium
cylinders on it, since their barrels are choked. Superior's cylinders
are better, cooler-running cylinders and can be run with the mags timed
at 28 deg. btdc.

One nice thing Continental has done with its C-75, C-85, C-90, O-200,
O-300 cylinders, though, is to make removeable pushrod tubes available,
which don't leak oil like the old tubes swaged into the heads.

Old September 17th 06, 10:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

I noticed in another post that the Continental O-200 is back in new
manufacture again.

Are there any links to the price of the new engine and the
specification differences between the old O-200 that I fly with and
would like to replace and the new O-200 LSA engine?

I spent an hour probing the TCM website and found nothing.

when did they put this little masterpiece back into production?

Stealth Pilot
Australia

I was the OP, and now see that I can't seem find any specs. They have a
phone number posted for additional information on each engine/series and I
do plan to follow up.

Peter

Old September 18th 06, 11:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stealth Pilot

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 17:21:53 GMT, "Vaughn Simon"
wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

http://www.mattituck.com/

Where at the Mattituck site is Stealth's question answered?

Under the "Experimental" button. That is a strange site that does not
display discrete urls for each page.

Anyhow, they will sell you a brand new O-200 for a mere $17,100. They seem
to be made of all new factory parts, but are not "certified" engines. Are these
the engines that they are putting in the new LSAs?

Vaughn

no this is not the engine. yes it is an O-200 but it is the earlier
design.
apart from one blurb page with a lovely photo of a new LSA engine the
tcm website contains no details.

this O-200 is a NEW engine. what interests me , apart from the price,
is what update mods have been made. the starter looks like a new
lightweight one so the rear case casting may be different.
hopefully experience has improved the corrosion proofing internal to
the engine.

If all that LSA achieves in the long run is to cause Continental to
put this beautiful little engine into production then it will have all
been worth it.

one wonders how much the Formula 1 racing guys will be able to coax
out of new engines :-)
cant wait.

Stealth Pilot
Oz
Old September 18th 06, 11:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stealth Pilot

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 17:45:24 -0400, "Peter Dohm"
wrote:

I noticed in another post that the Continental O-200 is back in new
manufacture again.

I was the OP, and now see that I can't seem find any specs. They have a
phone number posted for additional information on each engine/series and I
do plan to follow up.

Peter

I thank you for passing on the info.
best news since christmas.
Stealth Pilot
Old September 18th 06, 11:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bret Ludwig

Vaughn Simon wrote:

Anyhow, they will sell you a brand new O-200 for a mere $17,100. They seem
to be made of all new factory parts, but are not "certified" engines. Are these
the engines that they are putting in the new LSAs?

Seventeen grand for a 60 year old museum piece engine THAT IS NOT EVEN
TYPE CERTIFICATED. They know a market is made of stupid people when
they see it.