Haven't been up in the air for over a year now...

Old June 21st 05, 10:49 PM
Jay Honeck

I haven't been working for over three years now Jay and I have been
looing for ways to make money and stay, "not working" for some more
time, thus purchase of condo. I also bought 11 acers in WV near
Winchester, VA about a year ago and I'm building a cabion on it. I
also bought 2.27acers near Disney in FL, might build on that
afterwards. Hoping to get residual incomes from rentals at cabin and
selling property in FL after building on it. Just trying a different
mode/gear in life.

Whoa. Your concept of "broke" is obviously waaaaaay different than
mine!

(I like yours better... ;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old June 22nd 05, 01:03 AM
John Galban

Flyingmonk wrote:

I haven't been working for over three years now Jay and I have been
looing for ways to make money and stay, "not working" for some more
time, thus purchase of condo. I also bought 11 acers in WV near
Winchester, VA about a year ago and I'm building a cabion on it. I
also bought 2.27acers near Disney in FL, might build on that
afterwards. Hoping to get residual incomes from rentals at cabin and
selling property in FL after building on it. Just trying a different
mode/gear in life.

Wow! That "vow of poverty" mindset was the first thing to go, wasn't
it? :-)))

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Old June 22nd 05, 01:32 AM
Ron Natalie

Flyingmonk wrote:
Are you close by Ron? Maybe when you get back? Have a good and safe
trip downunder, Tell Steve(The crock guy) I said Hi! Hehe... Oh
Crocodile Dundee too! ...and can you verify that the toilet water
realy swirl in the opposite direction?

I live in Herndon, but we keep the plane in Culpeper. Sure... contact
us after Oshkosh.
Old June 22nd 05, 01:33 AM
Ron Natalie

Interesting coincidence. Leaving for 3 weeks for NZ/Aus on Friday.

Now if you tell me you're on the June 29th Goana Sundowner tour that
would be a real coincidence.
Old June 22nd 05, 06:19 AM
S Narayan

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message

Interesting coincidence. Leaving for 3 weeks for NZ/Aus on Friday.

Now if you tell me you're on the June 29th Goana Sundowner tour that
would be a real coincidence.

Yes, that would be! Going to NZ fhen Gold Coast, Australia on the 1st.

Old June 22nd 05, 11:06 PM
Flyingmonk

My 'Vow of Poverty' was only for three months John, LOL. That included
abstinence too! Boy was I happy to be back home after those three
months I tell you WHAT! So was the wife too!

Bryan "The Monk" Chaisone

Old June 22nd 05, 11:14 PM
Flyingmonk

Yeah, but for the last three years or so, there has not been one penny
coming in, only DOLLARS going out the door. I have been pretty good
with self controll, but the wife hasn't been. She still acts like
there's no tomorrow (sometimes I admire her for being able to be that
way). After all the purchases, the til got empty. That's why I
haven't been flying. BTW anyone in here want a SLK? It is the little
Silver convertible that's on Jay's website. Hasn't been driven much,
no room for the our two kids. First $20K and its yours! Boy they sure
don't keep there value do they (the car)?

Anyways, I'll either dig myself a bigger hole or this might work out.
Keeping my fingers crossed.

Bryan "The Monk" Chaisone

Old June 22nd 05, 11:16 PM
Flyingmonk

Ron, I have been living in Herndon since '76 all the way until '93 when
the wife and I bought our house in Sterling. How long have you been in
gthis area?

Bryan "The Monk" Chaisone

Old June 23rd 05, 12:09 AM
George Patterson

Flyingmonk wrote:

BTW anyone in here want a SLK? It is the little
Silver convertible that's on Jay's website. Hasn't been driven much,
no room for the our two kids. First $20K and its yours!

Might as well keep it as long as you can. From the sounds of it, your wife will
have that spent a few days after you sell it.

George Patterson
Why do men's hearts beat faster, knees get weak, throats become dry,
and they think irrationally when a woman wears leather clothing?
Because she smells like a new truck.
Old June 23rd 05, 04:46 AM
Flyingmonk

Sorry, 'their value' not 'there value'. My mind knew the correct
'their', but my fingers kept typing the wrong 'there'. Surprisingly I
don't do this with 'your' and 'you're'. I seam to get those two used
correctly most of the time.

Might as well keep it as long as you can. From the sounds of it, your
wife will
have that spent a few days after you sell it.

You are right again George. I hinted that I was gonna sell it because
we don't use it enough and I keep getting tickets in it and the
insurance keeps going up and all and we pay for property tax on it for
nothing just to have it parked 99.9% of the time. Boy! what a run-on
sentence! Anyways, after I hinted about selling it, she said, "We can
get new kitchen put in the house!" I said, "How about keeping the
money to pay for next three month's bills Honey? You know I'm not
working!" She said, "Something will come up for that! That's three
months away!"

Aye yai yai YAI YAI... as Ricky Ricado would say.

Bryan