XCSoar 6.4 released

Old August 1st 12, 07:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Max Kellermann

Default XCSoar 6.4 released

http://www.xcsoar.org/discover/2012/..._released.html
Old August 1st 12, 02:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

That's great, Max! I've been using the 6.4 beta for some time now.

Question: Why is there an update to 6.4 beta with 6.4 just released?

Old August 1st 12, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Max Kellermann

Dan Marotta wrote:
That's great, Max! I've been using the 6.4 beta for some time now.

Question: Why is there an update to 6.4 beta with 6.4 just released?

There are two Android apps - "XCSoar" (the blue one) and
"XCSoar-testing" (the red one). Both "XCSoar" and "XCSoar-testing"
are now 6.4. Previously, they were 6.3.11 (old stable) and 6.4_beta2.
Soon, "XCSoar-testing" will become 6.5_preview (when 6.5 development
begins), and "XCSoar" will become 6.4.1 (bug fixes).

Old August 1st 12, 11:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Max Kellermann

Karl Kunz wrote:
Max, thanks once again for the continued updates. Will the forum be back up soon for support?

I tried to set up PHPBB on the new server, but it drives me crazy, it
errors out on every occasion. Since I think hacking XCSoar is more
important, I gave up and so far nobody else volunteered to take care
of it. Meanwhile, use the xcsoar-user mailing list if you need help.
Old August 2nd 12, 01:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Max, thanks for the update. BTW, mapgen jobs seem to get stuck in the queue for the last couple days, FYI.
Old August 3rd 12, 10:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, 2 August 2012 06:40:21 UTC+8, Max Kellermann wrote:
Karl Kunz wrote:

Max, thanks once again for the continued updates. Will the forum be back up soon for support?

I tried to set up PHPBB on the new server, but it drives me crazy, it

errors out on every occasion. Since I think hacking XCSoar is more

important, I gave up and so far nobody else volunteered to take care

of it. Meanwhile, use the xcsoar-user mailing list if you need help.

Just a thought - I notice that your team still have a project on Sourceforge (which is presently handling your mailman lists) - would it not be possible to use the forums associated with this project? It would offload all that pesky admin required to run the forums yourselves.
Old August 4th 12, 07:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Max Kellermann

wrote:
Den onsdag den 1. august 2012 08.48.11 UTC+2 skrev Max Kellermann:
http://www.xcsoar.org/discover/2012/..._released.html

Thanks.

I'm very hapy with XCsoar.

However I miss to opportunity to download (authorized) log-files from my Volkslogger. How do I promote this need?

Here's the feature request:

http://bugs.xcsoar.org/ticket/1972

Subscribe to it to receive updates via email.

This is the bug tracker that we developers use every day. If you miss
something or if you see a bug, write a new ticket.
Old August 4th 12, 04:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Easier said than done, Max.

I've been trying to write a request that all users be able to choose their
units of measurement in skylines, but the bug tracker website is sending me
in circles: Verify your email address (did that), verify your email address
(did it again), A token has been sent to your email address (No, it hasn't).

Still looking for that token... How long does it take?

"Max Kellermann" wrote in message
Den onsdag den 1. august 2012 08.48.11 UTC+2 skrev Max Kellermann:
http://www.xcsoar.org/discover/2012/..._released.html

Thanks.

I'm very hapy with XCsoar.

However I miss to opportunity to download (authorized) log-files from my
Volkslogger. How do I promote this need?

Here's the feature request:

http://bugs.xcsoar.org/ticket/1972

Subscribe to it to receive updates via email.

This is the bug tracker that we developers use every day. If you miss
something or if you see a bug, write a new ticket.

XCSoar 6.2 has been released Max Kellermann Soaring 0 September 8th 11 11:14 PM
XCSoar 6.0 released Max Kellermann Soaring 0 December 20th 10 06:54 AM
xcsoar [email protected] Soaring 40 August 13th 09 09:01 PM
XCSoar 5.0 Released Simon Taylor Soaring 0 September 14th 06 10:53 AM
XCSoar jorgie Soaring 2 November 2nd 04 12:05 AM