Co-Pilot Needed

Old July 9th 05, 06:11 AM
Lynne

Default Co-Pilot Needed

I have a trip for my boss starting on Sunday July 10, through Sunday
July 17. My usual Co-Pilot is not going to be able to do the trip. The
trip will start in Santa Barbara, CA and we will fly to Auckland, New
Zealand (NZAA). We will overnight for two days, then head over to Tokyo
(RJAA), and then come back to Santa Barbara.

Qualifications required:

1,500 TT
100 multi
100 Jet
Prefer G-V experience, but will be giving three landings and systems
course anyhow, so not required.. but Gulfstream experienced pilots
would be best.

I thought it would be sort of unique to solicit some volunteers here.
Pay will be $250/day if you are not previously G-V qualified, $1000/day
if you are...

Lynne

Old July 9th 05, 03:18 PM

Sniff, sniff....I smell fish.

The typical practice is to hire a rated and current pilot from the ranks of
Flight Safety Training or sometimes from another operator. If I were the
person who owned that aircraft I would be very, very unhappy with the
"process" proposed below. The insurance company might not be exactly
thrilled, either.

Old July 9th 05, 05:23 PM
Lynne

Thank you to all those who responded. I have picked the candidate who
was best suited for the job -- and it was our very own Dudley
Henriques! Dudley is working on getting an emergency issuance of his
passport today, and tomorrow morning we will be departing for Auckland,
NZ.

I will post a full report (as will Dudley I am sure!) upon our return

Old July 10th 05, 12:14 AM
gregg

I have a trip for my boss starting on Sunday July 10, through Sunday
July 17. My usual Co-Pilot is not going to be able to do the trip. The
trip will start in Santa Barbara, CA and we will fly to Auckland, New
Zealand (NZAA). We will overnight for two days, then head over to Tokyo
(RJAA), and then come back to Santa Barbara.

Qualifications required:

1,500 TT
100 multi
100 Jet
Prefer G-V experience, but will be giving three landings and systems
course anyhow, so not required.. but Gulfstream experienced pilots
would be best.

I thought it would be sort of unique to solicit some volunteers here.
Pay will be $250/day if you are not previously G-V qualified, $1000/day
if you are...

Lynne

Do you require the co-pilot to have a current medical?

2. Jul 9, 10:18 am hide options
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.ifr
From: - Find messages by this author
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 07:18:24 -0700
Subject: Co-Pilot Needed

Sniff, sniff....I smell fish.

Me too.

The typical practice is to hire a rated and current pilot from the ranks
of
Flight Safety Training or sometimes from another operator. If I were the
person who owned that aircraft I would be very, very unhappy with the
"process" proposed below. The insurance company might not be exactly
thrilled, either.

Thank you to all those who responded. I have picked the candidate who
was best suited for the job -- and it was our very own Dudley
Henriques! Dudley is working on getting an emergency issuance of his
passport today, and tomorrow morning we will be departing for Auckland,
NZ.

I will post a full report (as will Dudley I am sure!) upon our return

Will be looking forward to that. AS of May 3 Dudley wasn't current (though
maybe Dudley got re-certed - in which case he is to be heartily
congratulated):

79. Dudley Henriques Apr 30, 9:26 pm show options
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.ifr, rec.aviation.owning, rec.aviation.piloting,
rec.aviation.student
From: "Dudley Henriques" dhenriques@noware .net - Find messages by this
author
Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 01:26:55 GMT
Subject: Leaving Usnet Groups, Bye
Report Abuse

"George Patterson" wrote in message
news

:VkVce.3049$yd1.241@trndny01...

Dudley Henriques wrote:

Actually George, I didn't know that either :-)))))))))))))

It actually takes years for people to disappear from the DB after they
lose a medical, but they go away after a while.

That would be it for me. Lost the medical years ago. That's the reason I
became a consultant
Dudley

124. Dudley Henriques May 3, 3:35 pm show options
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.ifr, rec.aviation.owning, rec.aviation.piloting,
rec.aviation.student
From: "Dudley Henriques" dhenriques@noware .net - Find messages by this
author
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 19:35:43 GMT
Report Abuse

"
Mortimer Schnerd, RN"
..remove wrote in message
news
Dudley Henriques wrote:
https://amsrvs.registry.faa.go v/aadatabase/login.asp

Yep...seems to have solved THAT mystery all right.

Now I'm left with a mystery. Since you're in there even without a current
medical, why was I left out for so long?

Not sure, but anything even remotely connected with the government can be a
twisted nightmare.
For example, I think the last medical they have listed for me is a class 2
dated in 82. I'm sitting here looking at a class 3 I got dated in 87 where I
was in sort of a "transition period" during my "retirement "from active
flying. That medical isn't on the data base at all.

--
Saville

http://home.comcast.net/~saville/backstaffhome.html

Restoration of my 82 year old Herreshoff S-Boat sailboat:

http://home.comcast.net/~saville/SBOATrestore.htm

Steambending FAQ with photos:

http://home.comcast.net/~saville/Steambend.htm

Old July 10th 05, 01:39 AM
Lynne

WOW Gregg!!! Thank you for pointing that out. I have made other
arrangements for a Co-Pilot. In the meantime, thank you again. And
Dudley, SHAME ON YOU!!! You should be ashamed that you tried to pull
this trick on me. I would have checked your credentials prior to
departure though.

Readers beware - It appears Dudley wants to get in the cockpit in any
way possible, including illegally.

Thank you again Gregg. And Dudley - you should be ashmed for yourself.

Lynne

Old July 10th 05, 02:08 AM
Brad Zeigler

"Lynne" wrote in message
oups.com...

WOW Gregg!!! Thank you for pointing that out. I have made other
arrangements for a Co-Pilot. In the meantime, thank you again. And
Dudley, SHAME ON YOU!!! You should be ashamed that you tried to pull
this trick on me. I would have checked your credentials prior to
departure though.

Readers beware - It appears Dudley wants to get in the cockpit in any
way possible, including illegally.

Thank you again Gregg. And Dudley - you should be ashmed for yourself.

Lynne

Uh oh. This is going to get interesting...

Old July 10th 05, 03:11 AM
Matt Whiting

Brad Zeigler wrote:

"Lynne" wrote in message
oups.com...

WOW Gregg!!! Thank you for pointing that out. I have made other
arrangements for a Co-Pilot. In the meantime, thank you again. And
Dudley, SHAME ON YOU!!! You should be ashamed that you tried to pull
this trick on me. I would have checked your credentials prior to
departure though.

Readers beware - It appears Dudley wants to get in the cockpit in any
way possible, including illegally.

Thank you again Gregg. And Dudley - you should be ashmed for yourself.

Lynne

Uh oh. This is going to get interesting...

But it smells fishier all the time...

Matt
Old July 10th 05, 04:52 AM
Matt Barrow

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
Brad Zeigler wrote:

"Lynne" wrote in message
oups.com...

WOW Gregg!!! Thank you for pointing that out. I have made other
arrangements for a Co-Pilot. In the meantime, thank you again. And
Dudley, SHAME ON YOU!!! You should be ashamed that you tried to pull
this trick on me. I would have checked your credentials prior to
departure though.

Readers beware - It appears Dudley wants to get in the cockpit in any
way possible, including illegally.

Thank you again Gregg. And Dudley - you should be ashmed for yourself.

Lynne

Uh oh. This is going to get interesting...

But it smells fishier all the time...

Oh, stop being a crab.

Old July 10th 05, 08:48 AM
Chris

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
Brad Zeigler wrote:

"Lynne" wrote in message
oups.com...

WOW Gregg!!! Thank you for pointing that out. I have made other
arrangements for a Co-Pilot. In the meantime, thank you again. And
Dudley, SHAME ON YOU!!! You should be ashamed that you tried to pull
this trick on me. I would have checked your credentials prior to
departure though.

Readers beware - It appears Dudley wants to get in the cockpit in any
way possible, including illegally.

Thank you again Gregg. And Dudley - you should be ashmed for yourself.

Lynne

Uh oh. This is going to get interesting...

But it smells fishier all the time...

Oh, stop being a crab.

missing a sole

Old July 10th 05, 12:36 PM
gregg

Matt Whiting wrote:

Brad Zeigler wrote:

"Lynne" wrote in message
oups.com...

WOW Gregg!!! Thank you for pointing that out. I have made other
arrangements for a Co-Pilot. In the meantime, thank you again. And
Dudley, SHAME ON YOU!!! You should be ashamed that you tried to pull
this trick on me. I would have checked your credentials prior to
departure though.

Readers beware - It appears Dudley wants to get in the cockpit in any
way possible, including illegally.

Thank you again Gregg. And Dudley - you should be ashmed for yourself.

Lynne

Uh oh. This is going to get interesting...

But it smells fishier all the time...

Matt

It does - but I'm not sure where the smelly fish lies.