Help with research

Old February 2nd 05, 12:50 PM
Rob

Default Help with research

Hi, this was the best NG I could find for my question, but if there's a
better one to ask this in just name it and I'll go away.
I don't know much about aircrafts, but I'm trying to find a few models
that fit a certain specification. All I need to know are a couple names of
smaller airplanes that would be used for commercial purposes like tourism,
sky diving, or flying short routes and would've been in use in 1970. The
more common mass-produced models are preferable over more exotic aircrafts
or those with very limited production runs.
I tried researching this myself, but if you don't know what you're
looking for there's just too much information to go through. I don't really
need that much information though, just anything that anyone can name
off-hand and with the aircraft's name I can figure everything else out from
there.
TIA.

Old February 2nd 05, 01:10 PM
Brian Whatcott

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 04:50:57 -0800, "Rob" wrote:

[...]

Cessna 172 175 180 182
Britten-Norman Islander
DeHavilland Dove

You're welcome

Brian W
Old February 2nd 05, 04:22 PM
Chris Ehlbeck

"Brian Whatcott" wrote in message
[...]

And these also:

Beechcraft Queen Air
Cessna 206 Stationair
Cessna 210 Centurion
Cessna 208 Caravan (should fall in that period also)

Good Luck
--
Chris Ehlbeck, PP-ASEL
"It's a license to learn, have fun and buy really expensive hamburgers."

Old February 2nd 05, 11:39 PM
Bartscher

Beechcraft Queen Air
Cessna 206 Stationair
Cessna 210 Centurion
Cessna 208 Caravan (should fall in that period also)

The Cessna 208 Caravan didn't fly until the mid-80s, at roughly the same time
the Cessna piston singles went off the market. The other 3 planes all existed
in the 70s.

Old February 4th 05, 04:47 AM
Rob

"Bartscher" wrote in message
Beechcraft Queen Air
Cessna 206 Stationair
Cessna 210 Centurion
Cessna 208 Caravan (should fall in that period also)

The Cessna 208 Caravan didn't fly until the mid-80s, at roughly the same

time
the Cessna piston singles went off the market. The other 3 planes all

existed
in the 70s.

Thanks to everyone for all the help. I was able to find almost
everything I needed within about ten minutes with those names, and before I
had spent close to three hours without coming up with anything.