Memorable victories

Old December 24th 04, 05:00 PM
Pechs1

Default Memorable victories

elmshoot- I know the Traning command put some more restrictions on us like
no Flaps
during the fight, so it was far game to throw them out in the fleet? BRBR
Also I remember that NATOPS prohibited aero braking after landing but when I
got to VC-12 OMARS it was considered normal to Aero Brake after touchdown I was
shocked the first time it happened. It was my first experience flying a MAX
weight A-4 as well. Two full drops and an RMK-31 tow reel pod on the
centerline. The brief was if anything happened to the engine below 1000'
automatic eject. Up to 5K you get one attempt to figure out and do something
then step out. What a PIG!!! BRBR

1/2 flaps was standard when fighting the dog. The flaps were nice since you
could raise and lower them incrementally, a wee bit up or down. These were also
old jets, No bang them down on the first brick type landings and anything that
would make them last a day longer.
P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)