Centrair 101A Available- Price lowered

Old August 22nd 18, 05:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MMOORE

Default Centrair 101A Available- Price lowered

On Wednesday, August 22, 2018 at 8:26:45 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Monday, August 20, 2018 at 3:12:56 PM UTC-4, wrote:
See Wings and Wheels ad. Estate sale. Price lowered. Reasonable offer considered.
This glider is too nice to not have someone enjoying it.
UH

I can't seem to find it on W&W?

Is there a reason not to post the link ?

https://wingsandwheels.com/class/classified.php?id=2918
Old August 23rd 18, 01:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Not that it hasn't happened, but I've never seen a 90 (nor a B or D model, for that matter) offered for sale in the U.S. The access hole in the Peg is small and connections are made strictly by feel. Its not difficult but auto hook-ups would be convenient as well as safer. I don't think that one would find a better value in that price range.
Old August 23rd 18, 02:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, August 23, 2018 at 8:51:37 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Not that it hasn't happened, but I've never seen a 90 (nor a B or D model, for that matter) offered for sale in the U.S. The access hole in the Peg is small and connections are made strictly by feel. Its not difficult but auto hook-ups would be convenient as well as safer. I don't think that one would find a better value in that price range.

I own a 101A with Wedekind sleeves installed - I put my Pegase together in 15 minutes from start to finish and NEVER have issues putting the spar pins in ot doing the control hook ups - it is a dream to put together and I have not met a previous owner that was extremely happy having owned one. And it is extremely forgiving (forgive me regularly) - it also climbs really well.

My experiences .02 cents

WH
Old August 23rd 18, 02:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Agree with the Wedekind sleeve conversion. My first Pegase did not have them and installing the safety pins in the l'Hotellier fittings was a pain. The Wedekind sleeves make it much easier, but you have to remember to give a good tug on them to make sure they are engaged. I keep mine hangered, so I don't assemble/disassemble very often, but the quick connections are really nice to have.
Old August 23rd 18, 04:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I'll second the Wedekind sleeve conversion. My ASW-15b has them and it's really no problem to get the connections made. As Mark says, just be sure to give them a firm tug and then also be sure to do the positive control check.

I do have a question for Pegase owners with regards to the 3,000 hour inspection. I was looking at purchasing a Pegase about a year and a half ago and while reading through the maintenance manual I believe it stated that the 3,000 hour inspection needed to be completed every 5 years. Are owners seriously doing this? Including removing all the control surfaces and getting the measure of moments? This was one of the prime reasons why I decided to pass on the Pegase. But then I may have had an incorrect read of the documentation.

Old August 23rd 18, 04:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
gkemp

I owned mine and it had to have safety pins at 5 points, almost got me once, when I forgot to hook up the elevator. But generally could put it together by myself without special rigging equipment. Flew 1000K in mine and it was a pleasure to fly.

gary kemp "NK"

Old August 23rd 18, 05:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

There was always a better solution than Wedekinds.

See Figure 4. Buy 'em from Schempp Hirth dealer. I've seen guys make their own too (the Schempp Hirth ones are better).

Easier to install, easier to assemble, easier to inspect the assembly. Not that I expect anyone who's spent a thousand bucks on Wedekind sleeves and installation to agree.

https://www.alexander-schleicher.de/...93-001-3_E.pdf

Evan Ludeman
Old October 6th 18, 12:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, August 20, 2018 at 3:12:56 PM UTC-4, wrote:
See Wings and Wheels ad. Estate sale. Price lowered. Reasonable offer considered.
This glider is too nice to not have someone enjoying it.
UH

Price reduced to $18,000. Excellent value at this price. Need to move it for the estate of my friend.

Old October 6th 18, 05:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Quebec

A set of wedekind sleeves for my DG 200 cost about $200 US. Having looked at all the other methods, wedekind are best by a mile.

Buying a Pegasus 101A ACF Soaring 8 July 15th 14 03:55 AM
US 1954-1455 F-101A.jpg Joseph Testagrose Aviation Photos 0 November 15th 12 02:24 PM
Planes - File 73 of 75 - F-101A.jpg (1/1) Troy24 Aviation Photos 1 February 18th 08 01:46 AM
FOR SALE: Centrair Pegasus 101A - $20,000 (negotiable) Jeremy Zawodny Soaring 1 April 2nd 07 04:07 AM
Pegase 101A polar? John Gilbert Soaring 6 March 1st 04 12:52 PM