A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Centrair 101A Available- Price lowered

Old August 22nd 18, 05:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MMOORE
external usenet poster

Default Centrair 101A Available- Price lowered

On Wednesday, August 22, 2018 at 8:26:45 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Monday, August 20, 2018 at 3:12:56 PM UTC-4, wrote:
See Wings and Wheels ad. Estate sale. Price lowered. Reasonable offer considered.
This glider is too nice to not have someone enjoying it.
UH

I can't seem to find it on W&W?

Is there a reason not to post the link ?

https://wingsandwheels.com/class/classified.php?id=2918
Old August 23rd 18, 01:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Not that it hasn't happened, but I've never seen a 90 (nor a B or D model, for that matter) offered for sale in the U.S. The access hole in the Peg is small and connections are made strictly by feel. Its not difficult but auto hook-ups would be convenient as well as safer. I don't think that one would find a better value in that price range.
Old August 23rd 18, 02:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Thursday, August 23, 2018 at 8:51:37 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Not that it hasn't happened, but I've never seen a 90 (nor a B or D model, for that matter) offered for sale in the U.S. The access hole in the Peg is small and connections are made strictly by feel. Its not difficult but auto hook-ups would be convenient as well as safer. I don't think that one would find a better value in that price range.

I own a 101A with Wedekind sleeves installed - I put my Pegase together in 15 minutes from start to finish and NEVER have issues putting the spar pins in ot doing the control hook ups - it is a dream to put together and I have not met a previous owner that was extremely happy having owned one. And it is extremely forgiving (forgive me regularly) - it also climbs really well.

My experiences .02 cents

WH
Old August 23rd 18, 02:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Agree with the Wedekind sleeve conversion. My first Pegase did not have them and installing the safety pins in the l'Hotellier fittings was a pain. The Wedekind sleeves make it much easier, but you have to remember to give a good tug on them to make sure they are engaged. I keep mine hangered, so I don't assemble/disassemble very often, but the quick connections are really nice to have.
Old August 23rd 18, 04:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

I'll second the Wedekind sleeve conversion. My ASW-15b has them and it's really no problem to get the connections made. As Mark says, just be sure to give them a firm tug and then also be sure to do the positive control check.

I do have a question for Pegase owners with regards to the 3,000 hour inspection. I was looking at purchasing a Pegase about a year and a half ago and while reading through the maintenance manual I believe it stated that the 3,000 hour inspection needed to be completed every 5 years. Are owners seriously doing this? Including removing all the control surfaces and getting the measure of moments? This was one of the prime reasons why I decided to pass on the Pegase. But then I may have had an incorrect read of the documentation.

Old August 23rd 18, 04:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
gkemp
external usenet poster

I owned mine and it had to have safety pins at 5 points, almost got me once, when I forgot to hook up the elevator. But generally could put it together by myself without special rigging equipment. Flew 1000K in mine and it was a pleasure to fly.

gary kemp "NK"

Old August 23rd 18, 05:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight
external usenet poster

There was always a better solution than Wedekinds.

See Figure 4. Buy 'em from Schempp Hirth dealer. I've seen guys make their own too (the Schempp Hirth ones are better).

Easier to install, easier to assemble, easier to inspect the assembly. Not that I expect anyone who's spent a thousand bucks on Wedekind sleeves and installation to agree.

https://www.alexander-schleicher.de/...93-001-3_E.pdf

Evan Ludeman
Old October 6th 18, 12:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Monday, August 20, 2018 at 3:12:56 PM UTC-4, wrote:
See Wings and Wheels ad. Estate sale. Price lowered. Reasonable offer considered.
This glider is too nice to not have someone enjoying it.
UH

Price reduced to $18,000. Excellent value at this price. Need to move it for the estate of my friend.

https://wingsandwheels.com/class/classified.php?id=2918
UH

Old October 6th 18, 05:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Quebec
external usenet poster

A set of wedekind sleeves for my DG 200 cost about $200 US. Having looked at all the other methods, wedekind are best by a mile.