Avier with LK8000

Old July 22nd 13, 10:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Guy B

Default Avier with LK8000

I have a problem with the GPS signal, and com ports. Any suggestions?

The computer was working with the internal GPS. Then I ordered and received the cable to hook it up to 12V ship power, as well as the other cable to power and feed in Colibri GPS information. Haven't been able to make that work, and now can't get my internal GPS to connect again. The screen display reads "GPS: No ComPort"

When I get the Power Flarm core, I want to hook that up and display that info on the Avier Screen. It should work, but if it can't work with the Colibri, the Power Flarm probably won't work either.

In January, to make the GPS connection, I was advised to set Device A Name to generic and Port to com4, which worked then, but not now.
I've set Device B to LK Colibri/Nano and Com6 at 4800 Baud. It didn't help.
I've got the A-GPS Function set to Activate. Lots of satellites, still nothing.

Is there a manual that tells us more than how to rotate the screen?

Frustrated with computer, and lack of basic info.

I'm going to the Cowley Summer Camp in southern Alberta next week. I can fly without the computer, but it would be better if it was working.

Guy
Old July 22nd 13, 11:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

On Monday, July 22, 2013 2:03:46 PM UTC-7, Guy B wrote:
[...]

There is no COM6. You need to use COM7 or COM8, depending on what the cable is hooked up to (probably COM7 if it is the GliderTools cable). COM4 if using the internal GPS, and I think that has to be turned on as well. I had no trouble getting LK8000 to work using COM7 and the defaults (4800 baud, etc.).

Try downloading the V2 and GliderGuider manuals. Each of them has some information that the others don't.
Old July 23rd 13, 02:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
6PK

[...]

I had a similar experience but mine involving a CAI302
The Aviar would work ok with the internal GPS but would not communicate with the 302.
I contacted Lawrence at Vertica and Vladimir at Glider Tools; wanting some answers. I must say they were very accommodating but no cigar.
I finally reverted to process of elimination and despite that Vladimir insisted on his cables being checked and flawless I ordered an other cable/connector from Tim at WW and whola it all worked.
I am not suggesting that in your case this is where the problem lies but sometimes it is.
6PK
Old July 23rd 13, 06:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Try going into AVIER Settings, System, Internal GPS, Programs (Winpilot gets its data from COM4 - LK8000 might be different), Hardware (Probably COM7 or COM8). If LK8000 has a COM Port setting it probably should match the Programs setting.

Avier/V2 Running WinPilot 12 Problem [email protected] Soaring 11 July 22nd 13 11:06 PM
Avier + XC Soar frozen screen Vsoars Soaring 2 July 11th 13 01:22 AM
XCSoar / LK8000 MNLou Soaring 58 July 3rd 13 06:28 PM
Avier / V2 Dissection & Reinforcing Craig Funston[_2_] Soaring 5 June 19th 13 10:18 PM
Announcing LK8000 v4.0 pcool Soaring 2 February 16th 13 08:20 PM