F.S. Cleveland 5" Wheels and Brakes (a pair)

Old October 27th 05, 10:50 PM
Glasair

Default F.S. Cleveland 5" Wheels and Brakes (a pair)

We have these on our Glasair right now and are swapping them out for
Matco's to get better stopping as they are undersized for our weight
and landing speed. Would be fine for a lighter plane that had a slower
stall speed, like an RV for instance. They actually work O.K. for the
Glasair but we would just like to have more stopping power and margin.
The wheels are completely functional,no cracks or anything that would
be a problem. The rubber grommets around the tube valve stems are
probably getting chewed up by now and should be changed out. Plane was
always hangered so absolutely no corrossion. Brake discs have normal
wear but are not cupped, rippled, wavy, scored, etc. We always
replaced the pads before they got too thin and damaged the discs.
The disc is Cleveland Part Number 1764-01700 and has a rating of about
117,500 foot-lbs of kinetic energy if you are interested in that.
Discs are relatively new, as we replaced them about a year ago. The
brake assembly is Cleveland Part Number 30-9. No leaks around the
piston O-ring in either brake. But, if I were are installing these, I
would pop a new O-ring in the calipers, so cheap and easy to do. The
brakes use pad Part Number 66-106, available in a Cleveland version or
a cheaper Rapco version. We have a set of 4 brand new pads for
re-lining that we will thrown into the package. The wheels are
Cleveland Part Number 40-78B. Includes the wheel taper roller
bearings. No evidence of galling, heat damage, etc to the bearings or
the cones. Not included are the master cylinders under the rudder
pedlas as we are re-using them or any brake lines. In short, perfectly
working Cleveland stuff at a discount. Please call if interested.
These are currently sold as a homebuilder's kit by Aircraft Spruce as
P/N 199-102 for $608 a pair.
Comparable prices from Chief and Wicks. We would like to get somewhere
around $300, half price for the same thing except used.

Harvey
714-872-0951