PowerPoint viewer

Old March 1st 07, 04:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bruce R

Default PowerPoint viewer

A few weeks ago someone posted a really cool PowerPoint presentation, and
when some people complained that they couldn't view it, it was suggested
where they might go to d/l a free viewer. Does anyone still have the link?
My brother in law (probably the only person who doesn't have some version of
Microsoft office in my family) needs something like this to view a .pps
file. Many thanks in advance.

--

Bruce R

"While playing golf today I hit two good balls. I
stepped on a rake." - Henry Youngman

Old March 1st 07, 05:29 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Callahan

You can go right to Microsoft and download the viewer for free.
There is also a site to download the view for use on MACS.

See

or just do a Google search for it.

Good luck.

Old March 1st 07, 10:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Starshiy Nemo

Best of all
Open Office

Old March 1st 07, 01:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
CWO4 Dave Mann

Starshiy Nemo wrote:

Best of all
Open Office

Yes, indeed, Open Office. Not only is it totally free but it might as
well be a clone of MS Office 2003. I've used it for several years on my
Linux machines at my business. I've also installed it on our Windows
machines. It worked flawlessly with Windows XP, etc etc.

http://www.openoffice.org/

Cheers,

Dave

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	yak54-3.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	7513
Old March 1st 07, 04:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ken Murphy

On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 10:22:55 +0100, Starshiy Nemo
wrote:

Best of all
Open Office

Right on!

Ken

Old March 1st 07, 07:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Old Brew

Default PowerPoint viewer and OT

I can offer the same approval as others as i've used and advised many
(with NO complaints) on using the "Open Office" BUT thats for the PC
(Gates) machine users. Yesterday though i was "experimenting" on my
own Mac (OSX) and i was unable to report back clean loading. I tried
two systems my G5 & G4 and in both cases the system reported back that
it was unable to load as it could not find OS11 component. But as i
have Word and Pages, i left it to return back to at a latter date. Now
if any one else has come across this plese let me know.

Old March 2nd 07, 02:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bruce R

"Bruce R" wrote in message
A few weeks ago someone posted a really cool PowerPoint presentation, and
when some people complained that they couldn't view it, it was suggested
where they might go to d/l a free viewer. Does anyone still have the link?

Many thanks to all, I've forwarded the link to him and he should be able to
do the rest himself.

Bruce R

Old March 2nd 07, 10:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
john smith

Old Brew wrote:

I can offer the same approval as others as i've used and advised many
(with NO complaints) on using the "Open Office" BUT thats for the PC
(Gates) machine users. Yesterday though i was "experimenting" on my
own Mac (OSX) and i was unable to report back clean loading. I tried
two systems my G5 & G4 and in both cases the system reported back that
it was unable to load as it could not find OS11 component. But as i
have Word and Pages, i left it to return back to at a latter date. Now
if any one else has come across this plese let me know.

Keynote will open Powerpoint files on a Mac.

Old March 4th 07, 11:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Price

On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 16:43:21 -0500, john smith wrote:

Old Brew wrote:

I can offer the same approval as others as i've used and advised many
(with NO complaints) on using the "Open Office" BUT thats for the PC
(Gates) machine users. Yesterday though i was "experimenting" on my
own Mac (OSX) and i was unable to report back clean loading. I tried
two systems my G5 & G4 and in both cases the system reported back that
it was unable to load as it could not find OS11 component. But as i
have Word and Pages, i left it to return back to at a latter date. Now
if any one else has come across this plese let me know.

Keynote will open Powerpoint files on a Mac.

Not sure what all you tried, but OO's web site gives specific directions
to load the x11 components BEFORE loading Open Office. Since they use x11
video drivers instead of the default OsX drivers.
John
I run straight Linux (SUSE 10) and Open Office and it works great not only
Word but all the other parts too. (excell presentations etc etc)