Canard or Mooney

Old May 5th 08, 08:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gezellig[_2_]

Default Canard or Mooney

on 5/4/2008, Peter Dohm supposed :
not necessarily.
you only get the performance figures *after* you've built the design
and flown it.
aviation is littered with designs that looked promising but werent.

Stealth Pilot

To make matters worser, I can't build one so I have to take someone
else's work. but the numbers of successful Cozys is a testament to
the design. plus, you get to install a rotary-Wankel; this is good?

I dunno. For an assortment of reasons, I have not been hanging around the
local airport for the past couple of years. But the one builder that I knew
who actually started flying a Wankel powered Cozy MkIV finally gave up and
switched to a Lycoming O-360. From what I have heard, he was unsuccessful at
cooling the Wankel; but the Lycoming is running without problems.

The only recommendations that I can make are to look/ask on
rec.aviation.homebuilt and also on the canard forum. (I have forgoten what
the canard forum is really called and/or where it is located, but someone on
R.A.H will be sure to know.)

Peter

Lint, my ex-brother-in-law has a Cozy IV and it is a super flight. He
bought his already built and has never had a problem except with the
front nose gear. The faster LD speeds! I think the Cozys are for those
who want to build, the Mooneys for those who don't care to.

Old May 5th 08, 11:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

"Gezellig" wrote in message
Lint, my ex-brother-in-law has a Cozy IV and it is a super flight. He
bought his already built and has never had a problem except with the front
nose gear. The faster LD speeds! I think the Cozys are for those who want
to build, the Mooneys for those who don't care to.

Bingo
--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

Old May 12th 08, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Linton Yarbrough

On Mon, 05 May 2008 03:26:33 -0400, Gezellig wrote:

[...]

Gazelle, this may be the answer. Even with a Lycoming, I see Jeff's
point about the annual; I am left confused in this, can I expect to get
an annual on a Cozy/Velocity type canard without having to do anything
myself?
Old May 21st 08, 09:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gezellig

On Mon, 12 May 2008 17:46:51 -0400, Linton Yarbrough wrote:

[...]

Find another Cozy/Velocity owner and pay them?