No Posts On Satruday

Old May 25th 08, 02:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Earl

Default No Posts On Satruday

Wow, a whole day with everyone out enjoying flying instead of typing.

Cool

Steve from Michigan
Old May 25th 08, 07:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Wayne Paul

"Byron Covey" wrote in message
Just go in from an hour+ of local flying. Visited 2 local airports. Dead
calm and clear bule skies. AND NO **&*#@$ TFRs.

BJC

Dead calm ... too bad!!! I love bumpy air. In fact that is when I do my
best flying!
http://www.soaridaho.com/Flights/GE/859e73n2.kml (GoogleEarth file.)
http://tinyurl.com/4sswgs

Wayne
HP-14 "Six Foxtrot"
http://www.soaridaho.com/

Old May 25th 08, 09:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "Byron Covey" said:
Just go in from an hour+ of local flying. Visited 2 local airports. Dead
calm and clear bule skies. AND NO **&*#@$ TFRs.

Isn't the NOTAM system still down? How would you know if there was a TFR?

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
.... our elderly citizens walk down the darkest of alleyways!... and
Old May 25th 08, 09:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Wanttaja

On Sun, 25 May 2008 14:11:20 -0400, "Byron Covey" wrote:

"Earl" wrote in message
Wow, a whole day with everyone out enjoying flying instead of typing.

Just go in from an hour+ of local flying. Visited 2 local airports. Dead
calm and clear bule skies. AND NO **&*#@$ TFRs.

All the snowpack in the Cascade mountains has started to melt in the last couple
of weeks, which tends to make the waterfalls real purdy. Here's a shot I took
Saturday afternoon:

http://www.wanttaja.com/snoq.jpg

It's Snoqualmie Falls, in Washington state. It was featured in the TV series
"Twin Peaks," and the hotel just next to the falls was a main location.

Ron Wanttaja
Old May 26th 08, 04:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "Byron Covey" said:
Isn't the NOTAM system still down? How would you know if there was a TFR?

Call for a weather briefing.

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news..._197954-1.html
"Flight service briefers at Lockheed Martin are advising pilots who call
for briefings that Notams are not available, Dancy said."

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
a) log a message at user.emerg of the form "DANGER! MORON ON /dev/pts/1"
Old May 26th 08, 04:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
jan olieslagers[_2_]

Byron Covey schreef:
Just go in from an hour+ of local flying. Visited 2 local airports. Dead
calm and clear bule skies. AND NO **&*#@$ TFRs.

Excuse my ignorance: what's a TFR? US-only phenomenon?
Old May 26th 08, 04:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jay Maynard

On 2008-05-26, jan olieslagers wrote:
Byron Covey schreef:
Just go in from an hour+ of local flying. Visited 2 local airports. Dead
calm and clear bule skies. AND NO **&*#@$ TFRs.

Excuse my ignorance: what's a TFR? US-only phenomenon?

Yup. The FAA declares airspace off-limits on a more or less temporary basis,
for any of several reasons, with advance notice ranging from minutes to
weeks. One violates a TFR at peril of one's life and certificate.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC http://www.conmicro.com
Fairmont, MN (FRM) (Yes, that's me!)
Old May 26th 08, 05:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

"Ron Wanttaja" wrote

All the snowpack in the Cascade mountains has started to melt in the last
couple
of weeks, which tends to make the waterfalls real purdy. Here's a shot I
took
Saturday afternoon:

http://www.wanttaja.com/snoq.jpg

Nice shot!

By the by, how was your snowfall, and your eventual snowpack, this year?
--
Jim in NC

Old May 26th 08, 07:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Wanttaja

On Mon, 26 May 2008 00:07:48 -0400, "Morgans" wrote:

"Ron Wanttaja" wrote

All the snowpack in the Cascade mountains has started to melt in the last
couple
of weeks, which tends to make the waterfalls real purdy. Here's a shot I
took
Saturday afternoon:

http://www.wanttaja.com/snoq.jpg

Nice shot!

By the by, how was your snowfall, and your eventual snowpack, this year?

Massive snowfalls over the winter; we had several times when Interstate 90 was
closed for several *days*. The ski resorts stayed open until May...in fact, we
had snow fall here in the lowlands just a month ago.

The meltoff hasn't been as bad as some years; Harvey Field stayed above water so
far. Several people killed when they tried to tube/kayak in the rivers, though.

No water rationing in Seattle this year....

Ron wanttaja
Old May 26th 08, 01:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

"Earl" wrote in message
Wow, a whole day with everyone out enjoying flying instead of typing.

Just go in from an hour+ of local flying. Visited 2 local airports. Dead
calm and clear bule skies. AND NO **&*#@$ TFRs.

All the snowpack in the Cascade mountains has started to melt in the last couple
of weeks, which tends to make the waterfalls real purdy. Here's a shot I took
Saturday afternoon:

http://www.wanttaja.com/snoq.jpg

It's Snoqualmie Falls, in Washington state. It was featured in the TV series
"Twin Peaks," and the hotel just next to the falls was a main location.

Ron Wanttaja

if you guys had just plowed *across* the rivulett when it was just
starting you wouldnt have all the erosion problems now.
talk about a nation that celebrates bad farming practises. :-)

stealth pilot

Missing posts Pjmac35 Aviation Photos 2 July 18th 07 04:17 PM
Pest posts, May 3-19 Michael Baldwin, Bruce Products 4 May 22nd 07 10:53 AM
MXSMANIC - The posts don't add up John Theune Piloting 164 October 22nd 06 01:49 AM
Triple posts? Jay Honeck Piloting 39 January 13th 06 12:50 AM
Within three posts.... Casey Wilson Piloting 21 January 4th 06 10:21 PM