Looking for a 2-33

Old November 19th 16, 09:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Looking for a 2-33

The Soaring Club of Houston is planning on adding an additional 2-33 to our training fleet. If anyone knows of one for sale please contact me off the list.

Thanks!

Old November 28th 16, 09:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

So I guess no one has a lead on a 2-33?
Old November 29th 16, 03:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas

On Monday, November 28, 2016 at 3:15:30 PM UTC-6, wrote:
So I guess no one has a lead on a 2-33?

Guess not, but you are likely asking a relatively small audience here. I've come to realize in my travels conducting free Soaring Safety Foundation Site Surveys of clubs that only a small percentage of the SSA members in the USA read r.a.s. perhaps because they have other things to do with their time or because of the occasional misinformation, speculation and the "I think I heard from friend of a friend that . . . " first sentences. As we say in the music business, if it is published in "Rolling Stone" magazine, it must be true (NOT!)

Try wingsandwheelsdotcom and an e-mail blast to your SSA Directors as found on the SSA website under "Governance." You can also advertise in the back of SOARING magazine or online in the Glider classified pages in Barnstormers or Trade-A-Plane. If you want to dig into the FAA Aircraft Registration webpages at www.faa.gov you could get a list of 2-33 owners in the USA and send them a letter. FAA usually lists Schweizer sailplanes under K&L Soaring. K&L might know of a good 2-33 -- they rebuild them ya know.
Old November 29th 16, 08:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jock Proudfoot

Old December 8th 16, 12:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

http://ssa.org/classifieds.asp
Old December 8th 16, 09:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thanks! I'll contact them.