GP Gliders GP 14 Velo has finally FLOWN!!!

Old December 5th 16, 09:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim[_11_]

Default GP Gliders GP 14 Velo has finally FLOWN!!!

On Sunday, December 4, 2016 at 11:59:34 PM UTC-6, RossFW wrote:
On Friday, November 25, 2016 at 1:09:14 PM UTC+11, Tim wrote:
Good Evening All:

After a very long wait, the GP 14 Velo took to the air yesterday (November 24th) from Krosno, Poland by both aero-tow and electric self-launch. More details to come but check GP Gliders on FaceBook for pictures and video. First pilot reports are very good. We are finally flying!!!

Tim McAllister
GP Gliders USA

If they want a glider attractive to competition pilots, they might want to look at building a standard class version.

Maybe someday for if Europeans clamor for it, but from a North American perspective, the market for new Standard class gliders is dead.

Best,
Tim
Old December 5th 16, 09:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim[_11_]

Tim,

Please inform when the first one comes to US. I really would like to check it out.

Casey

Casey,
The first GP Glider, our GP 14 E Velo, should be landed here in Texas by the late summer or early fall '17. Once licensed and flown-off, we will be making limited tours throughout the fall and then having it on the floor of the SSA Convention in Reno, NV Feb 2018.

With successful firts flight fo the GP 14, the operation is currently moving into its production facilities (x3 times as large) and making preparation for GP 14 customer deliveries in late spring '17 in time for WGC in Hungary AND possibly even the prototype/1st customer delivery of the GP 15 early this summer '17. And with more test flights of the GP 14 E prototype, we are all lookign forward to good news from Poland.

Best,
Tim
GP Gliders USA
Old December 6th 16, 06:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

maanantai 5. joulukuuta 2016 23.44.13 UTC+2 Tim kirjoitti:

Maybe someday for if Europeans clamor for it, but from a North American perspective, the market for new Standard class gliders is dead.

Best,
Tim

Reason is that there hasn't been a new design since LS8, D2 or '28, so current market is saturated, and std. class gliders are particularly bad at carrying the weight of sustainer and stay competitive, hence 18m wing tip versions (which are even more heavy and less competitive in 15m configuration).

If someone would design a std. class ship that is 3-5% better than current ships plus 50kg lighter, and could carry a electric sustainer engine, market could very well be alive again. I see no reason why that is not possible. IGC class is there, you can always sell 50-100 gliders to top competition pilots. GP16?
Old December 6th 16, 09:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

On Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 9:45:11 AM UTC+3, krasw wrote:
[...]

Those gliders are all currently 100 on BGA handicaps. Diana is 103. Most 15m are on 104, 105+ is 18m and Open.

Looking in the other direction, the original Discus from thirty years ago is still a 98 handicap (only 2% worse!) and mid 70's Cirrus, DG100 are 90.

There was a big jump from 70s to 80s ships, but really very little advance since then, given fixed class rules. The Diana managed 3%, but I hear it's a little fragile? I don't think you'd want to make one a club glider, with all kinds of bozos jumping in, whereas LS4s and Discus are great in this role.
Old December 6th 16, 03:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, 5 December 2016 22:42:48 UTC+1, Tim wrote:
On Sunday, December 4, 2016 at 9:47:08 PM UTC-6, Soartech wrote:
Tim McAllister
GP Gliders USA

Tim, what is the ballpark price for this glider?

List price for the gliders a
GP 14 E/SE 82,900 EUR
GP 15 E/SE 93,900 EUR

GP Trailer for GP 14 is 11,900 EUR and for the GP 15 14,900

Customer chosen options generally add up to @6,000 +/- EUR.

Regular Purchase Terms now apply (minimum 25% order Initial Down Payment), but discounts for deposits between 50% and 100% of the order total garner discounts between 5% and 12% off of the standard glider list price (discount not applicable to options or trailer).

We are taking delivery positions for Autumn of 2018 with orders to date of 8 GP 14's, 6 GP 15's and 1 GP 11 on deferred order.

For more information please contact me at www.gpglidersusa.com

Best,
Tim McAllister
GP Gliders USA