Hurlburt Field Air Park - Post Hurricane IVAN

Old September 25th 04, 12:19 AM
RobbelothE

Default Hurlburt Field Air Park - Post Hurricane IVAN

I noted some damage. The O-1 and U-10 were ripped of their mounts and turned
upside down. They have been removed for repair.

I also noted the C-123 sagging significantly to the port side, presumably due
to damaged landing gear.

I didn't see any other obvious damage or missing aircraft. Lots of debris piled
up against landing gear, etc making it hard to assess damage.

The stealth EC-130 remains, as always, unseen.

Ed

Not Fonda Kerry

Old September 25th 04, 07:38 AM
Swede4198

Well, it could have been a lot worse. I always tried to stop at the park when
I had a trip to Hurbie.
Old September 25th 04, 02:49 PM
matheson31

Actually it appears the 123 is leaning because it was pushed off the
concrete pads the gear was on. The left main gear slid off the pad and fell
into the dirt.

The AC-130A is listing also, but I think it is mostly due to the fact that
the struts have not been serviced and one side extended and one side
compressed..

--
Les Matheson
F-4C(WW)/D/E/G(WW), AC-130A, MC-130E WSO/EWO (ret)

"RobbelothE" wrote in message
I noted some damage. The O-1 and U-10 were ripped of their mounts and

turned
upside down. They have been removed for repair.

I also noted the C-123 sagging significantly to the port side, presumably

due
to damaged landing gear.

I didn't see any other obvious damage or missing aircraft. Lots of debris

piled
up against landing gear, etc making it hard to assess damage.

The stealth EC-130 remains, as always, unseen.

Ed

Not Fonda Kerry

---

Old September 25th 04, 06:05 PM
John A. Weeks III

In article , Swede4198
wrote:

Well, it could have been a lot worse. I always tried to stop at the park when
I had a trip to Hurbie.

Is this park open to the general public, or do you need to be
vouched onto the base to visit? Can you see it from a public
road?

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications
http://www.johnweeks.com
Old September 26th 04, 06:01 AM
matheson31

I suspect you can visit with a pass. I don't have that problem, so I never
asked.

I just don't think it would be a good idea to try it for the next few weeks,
until we get cleaned up.

--
Les Matheson
F-4C(WW)/D/E/G(WW), AC-130A, MC-130E WSO/EWO (ret)