single pilot ops in europe

Old October 29th 07, 12:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Bernhard D Rohrer

Default single pilot ops in europe

Hi folks

I was wondering about the feasability of small corporate aircraft and
whether single pilot ops are a good idea for let's say a 6-seater (2+4)
in Europe's skies. typical ops like dublin - stockholm or london - milano.

what do ye think?

I hasten to add that I am new to all this and don't have a clue

cheers

Bernhard
Old October 29th 07, 07:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Thomas Borchert

Bernhard,

commercial single-pilot IFR ops are not allowed in many (all?) European
countries.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old October 31st 07, 06:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Bernhard D Rohrer

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 20:51:13 +0100, Thomas Borchert wrote:

Bernhard,

commercial single-pilot IFR ops are not allowed in many (all?) European
countries.

Hi Thomas

thanks for that. Do corporate owned aircraft fall under that? or just if
you carry paying passengers?

thanks

Bernhard
Old October 31st 07, 08:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

On Oct 31, 11:32 am, Bernhard D Rohrer
wrote:
On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 20:51:13 +0100, Thomas Borchert wrote:
Bernhard,

commercial single-pilot IFR ops are not allowed in many (all?) European
countries.

Hi Thomas

thanks for that. Do corporate owned aircraft fall under that? or just if
you carry paying passengers?

I've never heard of corporate operations in the U.S. or Europe flying
jets single pilot. The extra insurance for single pilot jet operations
is usually more than the second officer's salery.

-Robert

Old November 1st 07, 11:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Thomas Borchert

Bernhard,

Do corporate owned aircraft fall under that? or just if
you carry paying passengers?

Not sure, but I think you're right - corporate ops allow single pilot
ops.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 1st 07, 11:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Thomas Borchert

Robert,

I've never heard of corporate operations in the U.S. or Europe flying
jets single pilot. The extra insurance for single pilot jet operations
is usually more than the second officer's salery.

I thought it was quite common from the Citation SP onwards?

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 1st 07, 12:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Bernhard D Rohrer

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 20:10:01 +0000, Robert M. Gary wrote:

I've never heard of corporate operations in the U.S. or Europe flying
jets single pilot. The extra insurance for single pilot jet operations
is usually more than the second officer's salery.

-Robert

I wasn't thinking jets, more like King airs or similar