Leaving Usnet Groups, Bye

Old April 30th 05, 02:56 PM
Jon A.

I thought you were leaving? ;-)

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 21:49:34 -0700, "NW_PILOT"
wrote:

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
"Jon Kraus" wrote in message
My opinion NW is to be a man and suck it up...

I'm surprised at the responses that assume the guy is leaving in a huff.
All he said was that he's done with Usenet. Could be for any number of
reasons.

I know that I sometimes question the time I spend participating in the

tiny
number of newsgroups I follow (a half-dozen active ones at most), and it

has
very little to do with the nature of Usenet, and mostly just to do with
figuring out what I want to do with the limited amount of time in each

day.

Maybe he just has too much stuff to do. Figured spending his limited
leisure time flying is a better investment than spending it writing about
flying.

It certainly could be true he's had enough of us, specifically. But he
could just be reorganizing his priorities.

Pete

Pete, You struck the nail on the head I have better things to do with my
time. I Have learned a lot from reading posts i will continue to read but I
will no longer be posting after this weekend. I am done with usenet if
anyone would like to chat with me in the future I can be found via irc on
irc.uicn.net #flying

Old April 30th 05, 04:27 PM

Peter Duniho wrote:

"Jon Kraus" wrote in message
My opinion NW is to be a man and suck it up...

I'm surprised at the responses that assume the guy is leaving in a huff.
All he said was that he's done with Usenet. Could be for any number of
reasons.

I know that I sometimes question the time I spend participating in the tiny
number of newsgroups I follow (a half-dozen active ones at most), and it has
very little to do with the nature of Usenet, and mostly just to do with
figuring out what I want to do with the limited amount of time in each day.

Maybe he just has too much stuff to do. Figured spending his limited
leisure time flying is a better investment than spending it writing about
flying.

It certainly could be true he's had enough of us, specifically. But he
could just be reorganizing his priorities.

Pete

I participate in this group and a telcon group. The telcon group is moderated,
which makes it work somewhat better.

Old April 30th 05, 04:45 PM
Jonathan Goodish

In article cpLce.37381$NU4.24888@attbi_s22,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:
That's a shame.

A tiny minority (posters) of a tiny minority (usenet users) of a tiny
minority (pilots) just got even smaller.

Blue skies, my friend!

Yes, unfortunately, the Usenet loudmouths and bullies win again.

JKG
Old April 30th 05, 05:18 PM
houstondan

personally, i've always had kind of a creepy feeling when someone posts
that they're not going to post anymore. why not just stop posting and
be done with it? too much "it's all about me" for my taste but that's
just me.

overall, i think nw has added a lot to these groups; pushed some
really valuable discussions and added to my understanding and
enjoyment. do i agree with him about everything? no, but then i don't
agree with myself about everything.

i know nw was enjoying throwing a cat over the fence by shaking the
"non-aerobatic" at the dogs. lotsa good stuff came out but some of it
was over the top. i thought "that airframe is now worth zero" was
especially good and of course "i'm gunna tell mama" won the prize.
somebody needs to hold that boy down and feed him some worms.

anyway, nw, why don't you just do what everybody else does; change
your name and come back in??

dan

Old April 30th 05, 05:19 PM
John Clonts

"Jon Kraus" wrote in message ...
Go do a Google Groups search on Doug Rinks and read for yourself. Please report back your findings.

Jon Kraus

Roy Page wrote:
I would love to know "what was worse about you"

Thanks, I had forgotten about those hilarious threads!!!
--
Cheers,
John Clonts

Old April 30th 05, 05:39 PM
mindenpilot

"Jon Kraus" wrote in message
[...]

Agree.
I've also been thinking that I spend WAY too much time reading this stuff...

Adam
N7966L
Beech Super III

Old April 30th 05, 05:46 PM
Matt Whiting

houstondan wrote:

personally, i've always had kind of a creepy feeling when someone posts
that they're not going to post anymore. why not just stop posting and
be done with it? too much "it's all about me" for my taste but that's
just me.

Yes, I was thinking much the same,

i know nw was enjoying throwing a cat over the fence by shaking the
"non-aerobatic" at the dogs. lotsa good stuff came out but some of it
was over the top. i thought "that airframe is now worth zero" was
especially good and of course "i'm gunna tell mama" won the prize.
somebody needs to hold that boy down and feed him some worms.

The airframe comment was a little over the top, but performing
aerobatics in an airplane not designed for it certainly increases the
risk of causing irreparable airframe damage.

I think the person who turned him in to the FSDO, assuming it wasn't
just a bluff, did the most responsible thing of anyone here. It is very
important to police our ranks. This not only helps prevent accidents,
but it helps us all preserve our flight privileges and not have them
legislated away. Organizations that don't police themselves often find
someone else, usually a government bureacracy, more than willing to do
it for them. The latter is almost always a bad thing.

We aren't talking about turning someone in for making an honest mistake,
we're talking someone who knowingly and willingly violated the law and
then had the nerve to brag about it. This isn't the sort of person we
should desire to have in our ranks.

anyway, nw, why don't you just do what everybody else does; change
your name and come back in??

Not everyone else; just the cowards.

Matt
Old April 30th 05, 06:24 PM
Dudley Henriques

"Terri Schiavo's Feeding Tube" wrote in message
In article ,

Thank you, for being the ONE person on this NG with a modicum of sense.
You and Weir.

Well let's see here....... First we have someone coming into a student
pilot's newsgroup using an obviously activist pseudonym that's designed to
either illicit aviation unrelated activist responses or simply make some
kind of idiotic political statement based on some self conceived personal
preference concerning a specific totally unrelated issue to
flying.......then we get the same person telling us all that there is only
ONE person on the entire group who has a "modicum of sense"..........THEN we
get this gem of wisdom completely nullified in the very next sentence by the
addition of another person to the list.
Interesting post really!!!
Although your post is self contradictory by definition, it does however tend
to show that no matter how many others out here indeed DO have "a modicum of
sense"....( and there are many believe me :-)) you unfortunately, don't seem
to be one of them :-)
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot; CFI; Retired
dhenriquestrashatearthlinktrashdotnet
(take out the trash :-)

Old April 30th 05, 06:26 PM
Ed H

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
houstondan wrote:

We aren't talking about turning someone in for making an honest mistake,
we're talking someone who knowingly and willingly violated the law and
then had the nerve to brag about it. This isn't the sort of person we
should desire to have in our ranks.

One thing I don't get ... why are we blaming NW? Yeah he's a bit of a dork
for bragging about it, but didn't he do that roll with a CFI present?
Wasn't that CFI presumably encouraging if not directing that behavior?

If I were the FSDO, I would give NW a stern lecture about who to trust, then
send him on his way. Then I would suspend the CFI's flying and instructing
certs, and consider criminal charges against him. He's the one who violated
the trust of his student and the government that certified him to instruct.

Old April 30th 05, 06:37 PM
Dudley Henriques

. ..

houstondan wrote:

We aren't talking about turning someone in for making an honest mistake,
we're talking someone who knowingly and willingly violated the law and
then had the nerve to brag about it. This isn't the sort of person we
should desire to have in our ranks.

One thing I don't get ... why are we blaming NW? Yeah he's a bit of a
dork for bragging about it, but didn't he do that roll with a CFI present?
Wasn't that CFI presumably encouraging if not directing that behavior?

If I were the FSDO, I would give NW a stern lecture about who to trust,
then send him on his way. Then I would suspend the CFI's flying and
instructing certs, and consider criminal charges against him. He's the
one who violated the trust of his student and the government that
certified him to instruct.

I've not followed NW's background, and never quite got whether or not he was
a student pilot flying with a CFI when this incident occurred. My
understanding is that he owns a 150, but the one used for the roll wasn't
his. I also understand that there was a CFI in the airplane.
If NW is certificated, it's bad enough, but if he is indeed a student, the
CFI should be grounded immediately. Had this instructor worked for me , he
would never set foot in one of my airplanes ever again.