Perry, SC

Old May 9th 05, 02:09 PM
GM

Default Perry, SC

Hi all,

I hear a lot about the great soaring and contests in Perry, SC. The SSA
web-site does not list a club or operation at this location. I would
like to check it out this summer. Can anybody give me a contact to get
more info on this 'secret' location?

Uli Neumann

Old May 9th 05, 02:52 PM
01-- Zero One

Uli,

If you can tell me what "grits" are, I will give you the information....

:-)

Larry Goddard
"01" USA

Old May 9th 05, 06:54 PM

Grits....20%confederate approve gravel
20% Alabama Bull spit
20% Hardtack
60% Chattahoochee River water

Guarantee a perfect finish everytime

Old May 9th 05, 07:07 PM

Grits.....20% Confederate approve gravel
20% Alabama Bull spit
60% Hardtack
Add some Chattahoochee River water and boil to please

A perfect finish everytime......Give Uli the info. so he can try some.

Old May 9th 05, 08:54 PM
01-- Zero One

Talk to Al and Rhonda Tyler

Also take a look at the beautiful setting he

http://gahsys.com/gallery/view_album...lbumName=r5n05

Y'all come on down now, y'heah!

Larry Goddard
"01" USA

Old May 10th 05, 12:53 AM
BTIZ

Larry.. if there is a club or commercial operation at Perry.. is there a
reason they are not on the SSA "Where to fly" page?

BT

Old May 10th 05, 01:48 AM
Dirk Elber

Uli,
There is only a loose affiliation of soaring enthusiasts.... not a club,
but rather a really great bunch .. all five of them. Head count doubles
if you include the dogs, and they are definitely part of the
hospitality. (I just dare you to pick up a pine cone, golf ball or
tennis ball).

Old May 11th 05, 04:41 AM
01-- Zero One

Uli,

A properly prepared bowl of grits with your eggs and sausage for
breakfast is one of life's great pleasures! More like a 'bonus' than a
'price to pay' for good soaring... Ask Rhonda about her special grits
when you get there... They'll make a bulldog break his chain!

Kind regards,

Larry
"01" USA

"GM" wrote in message :

wrote:
Grits.....20% Confederate approve gravel
20% Alabama Bull spit
60% Hardtack
Add some Chattahoochee River water and boil to please

A perfect finish everytime......Give Uli the info. so he can try

some.

Thank y'all for the info. I had been warned about that grits-thing in
the South, but after trying Haggis and Tatties (spelling?) in Scotland
and Poi on Hawaii, I have to give it a try. The price we pay for good
soaring...

Uli