Happy Canadian Thanksgiving....

Old October 12th 09, 05:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_8_]

Default Happy Canadian Thanksgiving....

....to all my Canadian friends on here!

Nick
Old October 12th 09, 10:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jacques[_2_]

Well the same to you Nick! Happy thanksgiving, eh!

Jacques

Old October 13th 09, 03:38 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Zomby Woof[_3_]

Must...have....more...ham...and...perogies...

Z (burp) W...

Old October 13th 09, 05:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_8_]

"Zomby Woof" wrote in message
Must...have....more...ham...and...perogies...

Z (burp) W...

He/he/he! Nope. Not here. Tons of turkey leftovers. Looks like turkey for
lunch tomorrow....and dinner.

Nick

Old October 13th 09, 10:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)

On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 11:24:32 -0500, "Canuck"
wrote:

...to all my Canadian friends on here!

Nick

Back atcha from all your American friends!

(...who have several weeks of drooling to go before the Really Bad Day
For Turkeys arrives...)
Old October 13th 09, 07:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
RustY ©[_2_]

"Canuck" wrote in message
...to all my Canadian friends on here!

Nick

Why are Canadians not Americans? They live in America too.

Old October 13th 09, 08:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Indrek Aavisto Indrek Aavisto is offline
Banned

...to all my Canadian friends on here!

Nick

R Why are Canadians not Americans? They live in America too.

Ahem:

I'll bite.

You might as well ask why the British are not the same as the French. They
live in Europe, after all. )

I suspect the difference in the dates on which thanksgiving is observed in
The US and Canada are due to the Canadian celebration being a harvest
festival, while the US observance dates back to the Pilgrim fathers who
celebrated a safe passage to the new world.

Cheers, eh

Indrek Aavisto

--
Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult. W.S. Churchill

Old October 13th 09, 08:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
RustY ©

"Indrek Aavisto" wrote in message
...to all my Canadian friends on here!

Nick

R Why are Canadians not Americans? They live in America too.
Ahem:

I'll bite.

You might as well ask why the British are not the same as the French. They
live in Europe, after all. )

And that makes us both Europeans - which we are.
Surely Mexicans are Americans too ?

Old October 13th 09, 10:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_8_]

"RustY ©" wrote in message

"Indrek Aavisto" wrote in message
...to all my Canadian friends on here!

Nick

R Why are Canadians not Americans? They live in America too.
Ahem:

I'll bite.

You might as well ask why the British are not the same as the French.
They live in Europe, after all. )

And that makes us both Europeans - which we are.
Surely Mexicans are Americans too ?

Oh NO Senor~

LOL! We are North Americans, yes. But we are Canadians. We have our own
culture and heritage that is different from the US. While we love our
American neighbors and we have a lot in common with them, the term American
has become associated with a citizen of the United States of America just as
Canadian or Canuck has become associated with us lot who live North of the
border.

As for Thanksgiving, yes, it is a harvest related thing but the meals and
customs are much the same. We give thanks for the bounty before us and for
whatever else we are greatful for such as our family and friends and so
forth.

Nick (Gringo Canuck)

Old October 13th 09, 11:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Twydell[_2_]

In message , Canuck
writes

"RustY ©" wrote in message

"Indrek Aavisto" wrote in message
om...
...to all my Canadian friends on here!

Nick

R Why are Canadians not Americans? They live in America too.
Ahem:

I'll bite.

You might as well ask why the British are not the same as the
French. They live in Europe, after all. )

We most certainly do not live in Europe. Europe is a continent off the
east coast of Great Britain. It used to be frequently cut off by fog.

And that makes us both Europeans - which we are.
Surely Mexicans are Americans too ?

Oh NO Senor~

LOL! We are North Americans, yes. But we are Canadians. We have our own
culture and heritage that is different from the US. While we love our
American neighbors and we have a lot in common with them, the term
American has become associated with a citizen of the United States of
America just as Canadian or Canuck has become associated with us lot
who live North of the border.

As for Thanksgiving, yes, it is a harvest related thing but the meals
and customs are much the same. We give thanks for the bounty before us
and for whatever else we are greatful for such as our family and
friends and so forth.

Nick (Gringo Canuck)

Canadians, Americans, whatever. They're all just former colonials
anyway. :-)

--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!

Happy Thanksgiving, all! Jay Honeck Piloting 10 November 22nd 07 05:31 PM
Happy Thanksgiving! Jay Honeck Piloting 38 November 25th 06 06:53 AM
Happy Thanksgiving, all! Jay Honeck Piloting 13 November 28th 05 03:25 AM
Happy Thanksgiving gaylon9 Rotorcraft 0 November 25th 04 03:28 PM
Happy Thanksgiving John Gaquin Piloting 1 November 26th 03 06:32 PM