WTB: McCreedy speed ring

Old July 10th 04, 10:22 AM
Slick

Default WTB: McCreedy speed ring

Does anyone know where I can get a speed ring for a Grob-102 club? I'd
rather have a manufactured one than make my own.

Old July 10th 04, 01:27 PM
Paul Remde

Hi,

What vario are you mounting the speed ring on? Winter can provide an
extremely nice one that will fit onto a Winter vario. The lead-time is
about 3 weeks.

I'm in the process of creating my Winter products web page. It will be
available in a few days. I could order the ring for you along with my first
stocking order.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

Old July 10th 04, 06:52 PM
Slick

what would the cost be? We have a Winter in there as well as an electronic
vario, I would have to go to the field to find out what the manufacturer of
that is.

Old July 13th 04, 04:50 AM
Paul Remde

Hi,

I'm in the process of creating my Winter products web site right now. You
can view the preliminary page at:
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/winter.htm I have added the speed rings to
the web page but the rest of the data is preliminary.

Thank you,

Old July 15th 04, 05:29 PM
Tim Mara

you can also find more detailed and more "correct" information on Winter
Instruments on Wings & Wheels website pages
http://www.wingsandwheels.com/page21.htm
http://www.wingsandwheels.com/page19.htm etc etc
this is where Paul has apparently copied most of his information and prices
(cutting a few by $5.00 or so for the obvious)
I by the way have 99% of what is listed on my website "In Stock" at all
times so you won't have to place orders and wait several weeks for
delivery........
BTW, I also cannot make claims to deliver in 3 weeks special orders from
Winter ......Winter is a wonderful company who has supplied quality
instruments to the sailplane manufacturers and owners for decades......they
are however nearly all hand made instruments (I've visited the manufacturer
and seen for myself) and special order delivery times can run sometimes as
long as 10-12 weeks.
My most recent delivery was for reference, delivered here yesterday on an
order placed on June 8th.
sorry to be spamming this group..I said I wouldn't do it and I do try not to
but after seeing Paul's 3rd or 4th posting of this same message I feel
justified (this time)
Respectfully
Tim Mara
www.wingsandwheels.com

Old July 15th 04, 06:52 PM
Paul Remde

Hi Tim,

You light jabs at my prototype web site are understandable and taken as from
a friendly competitor. I am certainly impressed with your web site for
many reasons. I've looked very closely at web sites from many vendors
around the world - not just yours. Certainly I keep an eye on the
competition and try to make sure my prices are in line with yours and those
of other vendors in the US. If my prices are lower than yours it is a
mistake. We don't make enough on these products to price them low. You and
all customers reading this can expect my prices to be extremely similar to
yours. Your statement below that I cut $5 or so from the prices "for the
obvious" is not correct. I must have put a few prices on the page
incorrectly - it is prototype page that was created before I received the
price list from Winter. I hope to get the page completed and corrected in a
few days. My goal is that the page will provide a lot of detailed
information on all the options and accessories available from Winter. I try
to add value in that way. I have been surprised at how little detailed
information is available on the Winter products.

The reason the lead-times listed on my Winter site are somewhat optimistic
is because it is a prototype web site that is not yet connected to my main
web site. Also, I'm sure I have a bit to learn about how long it takes
Winter to deliver products - especially custom made speed rings, etc.

I have always heard that you have a lot of instruments and other items in
stock and I applaud you for it. I am currently making major investments in
stock for my company and will have a large number of instruments in stock
soon from a wide variety of manufacturers. I will also be updating my
"Example Systems" web pages with more examples as my list of approved
vendors increases.

I hope we can have a friendly competitive relationship going forward.

Old July 16th 04, 01:26 AM
Slick

Please don't start a flame war on an open news group, especially not on a
thread I started. Just email him to let him know about your discrepancy. I'd
email you, but you have not responded to my first email.

"Slick" wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can get a speed ring for a Grob-102

club?
I'd
rather have a manufactured one than make my own.

http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the

World!

Old July 16th 04, 03:11 AM
Paul Remde

Hi,

I'm confused. What first e-mail? I don't know your name, but I think I'm
caught up on all the e-mails in my inbox.

Paul Remde

"Slick" wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can get a speed ring for a Grob-102

club?
I'd
rather have a manufactured one than make my own.

http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the

World!
-----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers!

=-----

Landing and T/O distances (Was Cold War ALternate Basing) Guy Alcala Military Aviation 3 August 13th 04 12:18 PM
Space Elevator Big John Home Built 111 July 21st 04 04:31 PM
McCready Speed ring for ASW-20 Jeff Dorwart Soaring 1 May 5th 04 12:58 AM
Va and turbulent air penetration speed. Doug Instrument Flight Rules 70 January 11th 04 08:35 PM
Va and turbulent air penetration speed. Doug Owning 69 January 11th 04 08:35 PM