What to do with my Elite pedals?

Old November 24th 03, 01:40 PM

Default What to do with my Elite pedals?

Hi all,

I own a Thrustmaster Attack throttle, combined with a joystick (Top Gun?)
and Elite rudder pedals. The joystick plugs into the rudders which plugs
into the throttle. This combo worked fine with my old computer, but now I've
upgraded to a new computer and run into some problems.

1. The soundcard don't have any game port. This can be fixed with an
USB-Game port-adapter.
2. These adapters can't handle digital units (so I've heard), and the attack
throttle is digital.
3. The throttle has no drivers campatible to winXP (I've been told)

This leaves me with a couple of alternatives:
a) Sell the controls, and buy a new USB stick with built-in throttle and
twisting handle to simulate pedals.
b) Get a USB-Game port-adapter to use my old joystick together with my
pedals, and forget about the throttle.
c) Get a USB-Game port-adapter to the pedals, and buy a USB joystick with
throttle. (Will that work?)

I'm a gliderpilot in real life, so I really like the pedals when flying
simulators (because you have to make use of the pedals in every turn with a
sailplane) to keep my flying trim up to date.

Anybody that have had the same problem and solved it?
Anybody that have a sugestion what I should do?

Greatings,