Cobalt

Old December 11th 03, 09:09 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Andrew Chaplin" wrote in message
"Keith Willshaw" wrote in message

snip
As I have said I am an engineer, I like to see credible evidence
and you have presented none.

When presented with a pint glass with about 10 Imperial fluid ounces in
it, an optimist will state that it's half full, and a pessimist will
claim that it's half empty. An engineer, however, will point out that the
glass is twice the size it needs to be.

Willshaw uses the term "engineer" to mean "mechanic".

Old December 11th 03, 10:43 PM
Chad Irby

....and a ground crew guy will say "who's been drinking my ****ing beer?"

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old December 12th 03, 05:08 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
In article ,
"Andrew Chaplin" wrote:

When presented with a pint glass with about 10 Imperial fluid ounces
in it, an optimist will state that it's half full, and a pessimist
will claim that it's half empty. An engineer, however, will point out
that the glass is twice the size it needs to be.

...and a ground crew guy will say "who's been drinking my ****ing beer?"

I'd be sure to fill your beer back up, Chad.

Old December 12th 03, 06:28 PM
Kevin Brooks

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message
.. .

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
In article ,
(B2431) wrote:

From:
(robert arndt)

Are YOU a physicist now Keith? No, you aren't... just some guy

who
likes to act like one.

Rob

OK, arndt, now you have tarver on your side. He's a EE with jet

mech
experience a long time ago yet claims to be an expert on

everything.

Geez, Tarver and Arndt working together.

I don't want Robert to feel bad about Willshaw's unqualified abuse.

Certainly, if a bomb with a 5 year half life, producing a highly

radioactive
element, could be made, it would have effected

Effected? As in made it occur?

No, there would be no way to go forward with operations, without a lot of
equipment the USAF did not have, as there was only preperation for the

area
cooling off in ten days.

Effected?

the USAF operational plan to
repopulate flight lines after ten days.

Where did you get this, from the same source you got your "optical nuke"
from?

Same place.

That figures--so you mean you made it up?

What did you do during the Cold War, Kevin?

Sat around waiting to install my share of the V Corps obstacle effort, which
was already pretty tightly mapped out for us.

I held an NSA Secret ticket at 17.

Uhmmm...what is a "NSA Secret" clearance? I have heard of Confidential, and
Secret, and NATO-Secret, and Top Secret with all of its strange
subcategories, but never an "NSA Secret". Let's see, we handled everything
in the COMSEC account from KY-57's and tape readers to key generation
computers and software, and the security requirement generally was either
confidential or secret, nothing about an "NSA Secret". Having spent a few
years as security manager for battalion and brigade level organizations,
could you enlighten me as to what this is?

Brooks

Old December 12th 03, 06:49 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message
.. .

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message
.. .

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
In article ,
(B2431) wrote:

From:
[...]

You need to leave the sentences in one piece to be able to follow, Kevin.
It is clear that you are none too bright and bifrocating a complete thought
is something your mind is probably incapable of doing the registering for.

the USAF operational plan to
repopulate flight lines after ten days.

Where did you get this, from the same source you got your "optical

nuke"
from?

Same place.

That figures--so you mean you made it up?

I mean I was in ADC in the 1970s and then signatory to ITT's Paramus account
on Edwards in the 1980s.

What did you do during the Cold War, Kevin?

Sat around waiting to install my share of the V Corps obstacle effort,

which
was already pretty tightly mapped out for us.

Grunts did not need to know much.

I held an NSA Secret ticket at 17.

Uhmmm...what is a "NSA Secret" clearance?

Similar to a "DoD Secret" clearance and it's inferior cousin the "DSO
Secret" clearance. Each of the agencies uses a different level of effort in
their work.

I have heard of Confidential, and
Secret, and NATO-Secret, and Top Secret with all of its strange
subcategories, but never an "NSA Secret".

It is hardly surprising that you are ignorant of clearances, Kevin.