What have we learned from all this?

Old April 11th 20, 08:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Default What have we learned from all this?

On Sunday, April 5, 2020 at 6:07:17 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
Interesting situation that we are all faced with the last few weeks, things are more serious than we ever expected. I was having a great discussion last evening with my family member who is an Infectious Disease MD, the discussion was eye opening! This is a game changer, and China has much to blame for not informing the world about what was happening with this virus.
The doctors in China that alerted the gov about what was happening have disappeared, probably shot in some kind of firing line. Infection was spread globally during this time of silence from the Chinese.
The good to come out of this is that Trump understands how vulnerable us as Americans are due to our lack of manufacturing that has been shipped abroad. We as a country will be in a much better position after this pandemic declines. Medications will once again be made in America, our dependency will be less on the global work force and our country will be better equipped to deal with the next medical crisis that exist. I have for some time been following the work of Dr. Jacob Glanville, who is funded by the Gates foundation. It was interesting to listen to his understanding of this situation and how it will be defeated.
Flaming liberals are still blaming Trump for this species threatening virus, just tune into the twisted media and listen to what these so called educated idiots are saying, tell me that Jim Acosta is playing with a full deck. Does he really think that this country has a respirator for every person!
What goes??? Bob

It even gets better, DIFI wants to give Iran 5 Billion to fight COVID-19, why don't they get it from the Chinese, didn't they start this whole mess.
Old April 11th 20, 08:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Speaking of china I can’t wait till Trump sends them the bill for OUR expense involving this viral mess thats completely their fault.
Dan
Old April 11th 20, 09:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

On Sat, 11 Apr 2020 11:57:52 -0700, Dan Daly wrote:

Is that similar to "The Scottish Sporting News"? I picked up a copy of
that on a detachment to Kinloss to educate myself on how the local
football teams were doing... not much sports in it, turns out.

I don't know - I've never seen "The Scottish Sporting News"

The "Sunday Sport", as I explained elsewere was pure spoot with a healthy
dollop of soft pron thrown in.

I remember it from the mid-70s when it had a short run on the news
stands. In 76/77 when I was working in NYC I brought a copy back after my
Xmas break in the UK to show to my work colleagues. It somewhat startled
the people I thought of as hard-boiled NewYorkers. It had died by 1979.

However, it seems to have been born again as a subscription online weekly
and is currently available online.

Wikipedia has a page about it, claiming that it was founded in 1986, but
it page's author seems to have never known of its former existence as ink
on newsprint.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Old April 11th 20, 09:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Saturday, April 11, 2020 at 3:51:29 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Speaking of china I can’t wait till Trump sends them the bill for OUR expense involving this viral mess thats completely their fault.
Dan

Right after he sends Mexico the bill for building
the wall.

Jim Beckman
Old April 11th 20, 10:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Don Johnstone[_4_]

At 15:56 11 April 2020, Dirk_PW wrote:
More on inflated COVID-19 death rate...

https://youtu.be/9qPUy1qJXys

I love this thread because it reminds me we still have 1st amendment
rights=
(for the time being anyway). Funny how some just don't get it, and

they
w=
ant to take it away from you instead of exercising their right to click
the=
'back arrow' on the top of their browser.

Your 1st Amendment right could end up killing you, or someone you
love, if the 2nd Amendment right does not get you first.
Sometimes it is wise to do what you are told.

Old April 11th 20, 10:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston[_3_]

On Saturday, April 11, 2020 at 1:35:17 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Saturday, April 11, 2020 at 3:51:29 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Speaking of china I can’t wait till Trump sends them the bill for OUR expense involving this viral mess thats completely their fault.
Dan

Right after he sends Mexico the bill for building
the wall.

Jim Beckman

Never thought I'd miss Lennie, but here we are.
Old April 11th 20, 10:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Right after he sends Mexico the bill for building
the wall.
He already did when he renegotiated that travesty called nafta. And gee a wall does not sound like too bad of an idea now does it? So much for the libtard concept of open borders.
Old April 11th 20, 10:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Tell that to the millions in chinese and russian goulags.
Old April 11th 20, 10:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Saturday, April 11, 2020 at 2:57:54 PM UTC-4, Dan Daly wrote:
On Saturday, April 11, 2020 at 2:37:27 PM UTC-4, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Sat, 11 Apr 2020 09:55:15 -0700, Shaun Wheeler wrote:

They only apply to conservative news outlets.

Nobody could possibly mistake the turn Murdoch enterprises took when
they started selling out to Disney.

..but Redtops have always been like that, regardless of who owned them.

The only tabloid worth reading was the much-missed "Sunday Sport".

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Is that similar to "The Scottish Sporting News"? I picked up a copy of that on a detachment to Kinloss to educate myself on how the local football teams were doing... not much sports in it, turns out.

Scottish Sporting News, That is like kissing your sister, you could do better or you could do worse.
Old April 12th 20, 12:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Branko Stojkovic

Hi everyone,

Here is what I learned from all this.

When the going gets tough, people generally fall into two camps. No, not the lefties and righties camps. They fall into "how can I help the others" camp and "what's in it for me" camp.

Stay safe in the air and on the ground.

Branko
XYU