A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Paraphernalia “Softie” Mini Parachute for sale

Old May 28th 20, 06:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler
external usenet poster

Default Paraphernalia “Softie” Mini Parachute for sale

Manufactured in July 2008, in great condition, royal blue color with matching UV storage bag, quick release option on leg straps. Freshly inspected and repacked by master rigger. This same rigger has repacked and inspected this rig roughly every 6 months (with no significant gaps) for the past 9 years . Always stored indoors. Message for more info, photos. $1250 firm, buyer covers shipping.
Old May 28th 20, 08:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud
external usenet poster

On Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 10:10:56 AM UTC-7, Sean Fidler wrote:
Manufactured in July 2008, in great condition, royal blue color with matching UV storage bag, quick release option on leg straps. Freshly inspected and repacked by master rigger. This same rigger has repacked and inspected this rig roughly every 6 months (with no significant gaps) for the past 9 years . Always stored indoors. Message for more info, photos. $1250 firm, buyer covers shipping.

Irony is ****ed up huh Sean? I thought you left this group in a huff a few years ago, even posting complaints on FB about how terrible RAS is yet, here you are taking advantage of the newsgroup. Welcome back, hope you stay this time instead of just taking what you can and leaving again.
Old May 28th 20, 09:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Aw be nice jonathan, each to his own, i always enjoyed Sean’s posts n banter. Welcome back hope your still flying a bunch.
Dan
Old May 29th 20, 12:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud
external usenet poster

On Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 1:59:12 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Aw be nice jonathan, each to his own, i always enjoyed Sean’s posts n banter. Welcome back hope your still flying a bunch.
Dan

I did too. I fought to keep him.
Old June 3rd 20, 10:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 3:59:12 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Dan

Dan, as one of the few honored by Sean on rec.soaring and being told by name to "go and f- myself" I do see the irony in his post. Do I want us to keep him? Nah
Herb
Old June 3rd 20, 11:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 5:51:05 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 3:59:12 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Dan

Dan, as one of the few honored by Sean on rec.soaring and being told by name to "go and f- myself" I do see the irony in his post. Do I want us to keep him? Nah
Herb

Looks like Sean has made a lot of friends, can't we all get along.
Old June 6th 20, 02:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster
external usenet poster

On Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 11:10:56 AM UTC-6, Sean Fidler wrote:

Have you sold it yet?

My rule of thumb when shopping for a used parachute, particularly one with a defined life-expectancy of 20yrs like a Paraphernalia Softie, is $2000 minus $100 per year since manufacture. So for a parachute made in 2008, I would be willing to pay $800 for it, if I were shopping for one (which I'm not). I paid $1600 for a 4y/o Softie long last year.
Old June 11th 20, 05:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 12:10:56 PM UTC-5, Sean Fidler wrote:

email me info.
Old June 12th 20, 06:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Thursday, June 11, 2020 at 11:38:49 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 12:10:56 PM UTC-5, Sean Fidler wrote:

email me info.

Had problems posting earlier reply. I am interested in purchasing your parachute. Please send information to or call (817)223-1396. Thanks,Bob Kibby
Old June 14th 20, 02:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Sold.