Tow plane wanted

Old June 15th 20, 02:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

Default Tow plane wanted

NCSA (Byron, CA) is looking for a tow plane (Pawnee preferable) in good shape.
If you have one or know of one please respond here or directly.

Thanks

Ramy
Old June 15th 20, 08:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

I have a beautiful Pawnee for sale at the end of the month. Probably one of the nicest Pawnee's you will find. The Yellow Gorilla as we call it is 180 hp and you will not find a better one. Bob
Old June 15th 20, 10:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, June 15, 2020 at 12:42:28 PM UTC-7, Bob Youngblood wrote:
I have a beautiful Pawnee for sale at the end of the month. Probably one of the nicest Pawnee's you will find. The Yellow Gorilla as we call it is 180 hp and you will not find a better one. Bob

what sort of tow hook is it fitted with?
Old June 15th 20, 10:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Monday, June 15, 2020 at 5:26:03 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Monday, June 15, 2020 at 12:42:28 PM UTC-7, Bob Youngblood wrote:
I have a beautiful Pawnee for sale at the end of the month. Probably one of the nicest Pawnee's you will find. The Yellow Gorilla as we call it is 180 hp and you will not find a better one. Bob

what sort of tow hook is it fitted with?

Tost
Old June 16th 20, 01:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hi bob, hours since major overhaul? Total? and Price?

Thanks

Cliff
Old June 16th 20, 01:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

Bob I replied to you directly. Please reply directly to my email.

Thanks

Ramy
Old June 16th 20, 08:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Monday, June 15, 2020 at 8:17:03 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Hi bob, hours since major overhaul? Total? and Price?

Thanks

Cliff

The Pawnee was totally rebuilt and had 17 hours on it since rebuild. The engine has about 900 hours since total rebuild. I will confirm all the hours and post the actual info tomorrow. The plane was not used to spray with after rebuild, I had it converted to tow. Some here have seen this plane and can confirm the condition. All AD's have been complied with, no hopper, I towed yesterday with it also just completed annual. Asking 51 K, will sell with or without Tost hook. Bob
Old June 16th 20, 12:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, June 16, 2020 at 3:49:50 AM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
On Monday, June 15, 2020 at 8:17:03 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Hi bob, hours since major overhaul? Total? and Price?

Thanks

Cliff

The Pawnee was totally rebuilt and had 17 hours on it since rebuild. The engine has about 900 hours since total rebuild. I will confirm all the hours and post the actual info tomorrow. The plane was not used to spray with after rebuild, I had it converted to tow. Some here have seen this plane and can confirm the condition. All AD's have been complied with, no hopper, I towed yesterday with it also just completed annual. Asking 51 K, will sell with or without Tost hook. Bob

The Yellow Gorilla is what a tow plane should be. TOST release and release handle up where the tow pilot can grab it without diving for the floor. The only tow plane I have seen in a long time with which I would actually consider towing.

Walt Connelly
Former Tow Pilot
Now happy Helicopter Pilot
Old June 17th 20, 08:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

On Tuesday, June 16, 2020 at 3:49:50 AM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
On Monday, June 15, 2020 at 8:17:03 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Hi bob, hours since major overhaul? Total? and Price?

Thanks

Cliff

The Pawnee was totally rebuilt and had 17 hours on it since rebuild. The engine has about 900 hours since total rebuild. I will confirm all the hours and post the actual info tomorrow. The plane was not used to spray with after rebuild, I had it converted to tow. Some here have seen this plane and can confirm the condition. All AD's have been complied with, no hopper, I towed yesterday with it also just completed annual. Asking 51 K, will sell with or without Tost hook. Bob

Hi Bob - tried twice to contact you via P.M. but it doesn't seem to go through - hence the post.
Our club is in the process of moving the tow line release from the Pawnee's floor board to the panel area. Could you make some info available as to how that conversion was done on your Yellow Gorilla?
Thanks,

Uli
'AS'
Old June 17th 20, 09:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, June 17, 2020 at 3:18:30 PM UTC-4, AS wrote:
[...]

I also would like to see.
How about a couple photos.
Thanks
UH