Concealed Carry In MY ASW27

Old April 6th 20, 03:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Bralla

Default Concealed Carry In MY ASW27

On Sunday, April 5, 2020 at 10:09:39 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sunday, April 5, 2020 at 11:40:36 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Friday, April 3, 2020 at 12:35:38 PM UTC-4, wrote:

Is that only true in a vacuum? Or from a short height. Heavier objects fall faster in the real world.

Not if they're the same size and shape. Really, they don't.
That was what Galileo was demonstrating. This video shows
the real reason we went to the moon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo8TaPVsn9Y

They need to go back to the moon and do it again but this time no string on the hammer

I'm sure you believe the moon landing was a fake.
Old April 7th 20, 06:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

On Sunday, April 5, 2020 at 10:09:39 AM UTC-7, wrote:

They need to go back to the moon and do it again but this time no string on the hammer

Mythbusters repeated it in a vacuum chamber on earth :-)

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2mlszo
Old April 7th 20, 11:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Tuesday, April 7, 2020 at 1:30:01 PM UTC-4, 5Z wrote:
On Sunday, April 5, 2020 at 10:09:39 AM UTC-7, wrote:

They need to go back to the moon and do it again but this time no string on the hammer

Mythbusters repeated it in a vacuum chamber on earth :-)

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2mlszo

I need more rum for this explanation! Maybe Buzz Aldrin can knock you on your ass for this response. I did meet Neil Armstrong back in the late 70's in Ohio, I did not know who he was, he was admiring my new ASW20. Some guy came to me and asked if I knew who that was, I had no idea. I think he enjoyed the conversation also. Bob
Old April 25th 20, 03:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cumungus

On Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 5:46:31 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Thats ok, sorry to hear u feel that way Lou, but I’m pretty sure you don’t speak for the majority of guys up north. You really don’t know what your missing. If you want to stay up north and enjoy those long cold nasty winters just because you have an issue with law abiding gun owners who support the second amendment, we’ll to each their own. I am sure we have enough sensible folks down this way that will be sure to keep treasure coast plenty busy.

I don't have an issue with law abiding gun owners. But I have an issue with a few here who are continuously airing their political views, and disparaging and name-calling those with other political views. This is a newsgroup that is supposed to discuss soaring. The soaring community is small enough as it is. If we want to keep it going please keep politics out of it.

Bob,

I would advise following the instruction from your supreme leader & drink some disinfectant.
Or inject yourself with it -- you might get quicker results.
Old June 29th 20, 11:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Old June 30th 20, 01:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Shaun Wheeler

On Monday, June 29, 2020 at 5:50:11 PM UTC-5, Bob Youngblood wrote:
[...]

I traded the AK47 for my new Sig P365 that fits very well into the right side pocket of the 27. It only carries 10, but I carry an extra clip just in case of a landout somewhere near Seattle , Baltimore or Atlanta. Bob

It's bad to run out of altitude, airspeed, ideas and ammo on the same day.
Old June 30th 20, 07:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

I have run out of altitude, airspeed, ideas without ever needing ammo. In fact once I talked a passing aircraft to landing anf flying me back to get my car. If I had been an armed stranger, the prospects would be different.
Old July 1st 20, 01:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

One does not show a firearm to someone who is helping him unless talk
gets around to guns and the good Samaritan is first to show his hardware.

--
Dan, 5J
Old July 1st 20, 03:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Haeh

If you're out in the real boonies, non Polar bears just want to stay clear of you. At least the ones I've met. Closer to human habitation including campsites, all bets are off.

And yes, bears are perfectly happy to declare eminent domain over any elk, moose or deer kill, whether by humans or wolves. Hang on to your tag until it's safely loaded in your truck.

As for Nanuk, make sure you see him before he sees you. Early 20th century explorers in Hudson Bay reported that polar bears were easy to hunt. Once you spotted one, make enough noise to get its attention and it would come for you. A reliable rifle was vital.

Stephansson reported stalking a polar bear who backtracked behind him. Hearing the bear smacking his lips behind him, Stephansson had just enough time to turn around and shoot.
Old July 1st 20, 04:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Oh perfect. How many glider pilots have had a land out and then successfully fought off polar bears with. Pistol? That is what I thought. I bet I am one of the only pilots on this group to actually have an emergency landing (NiCad run away) then get stalked by a wild animal (mountain lion). The only thing I would have changed is to have a flashlight capable of white light..