A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Concealed Carry In MY ASW27

Old March 31st 20, 11:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood
external usenet poster

Default Concealed Carry In MY ASW27

What a surprise, just today my son brought me a great gift to fight off the flaming liberals at the gliderport. It is a Bulgarian AK47 with 2000 rounds of ammunition. Thank god that I raised this kid correctly, educated him and he achieved the status of a Structural Engineer, PE.
He advised me to be careful of the soft trigger, and he told me to take it with me at all times to fend off all the flaming liberals even at the gliderport. I told him not to worry, I carry two pistols in the 27 and Eileen has one in the 24. Nothing like a family of glider pilots being well prepared for the Flaming Liberals.
I was hoping to make plans to fly around Lake Okeechobee again this week, but the weather is not in my favor. I have never smelt anything better than Hoppy,s # 9 gun oil or flew better that a ASW. Bob
Old April 1st 20, 12:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber
external usenet poster

Help me out here.

Are there both Flaming Liberals and a Non-Flaming Liberals? I don't understand the Flaming part.

Is there any such thing as a Flaming Republican and how are they different from ordinary Republicans.
Old April 1st 20, 12:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
K m
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 4:46:26 PM UTC-6, Bob Youngblood wrote
What a surprise, just today my son brought me a great gift to fight off the flaming liberals at the gliderport. It is a Bulgarian AK47 with 2000 rounds of ammunition. Thank god that I raised this kid correctly, educated him and he achieved the status of a Structural Engineer, PE.
He advised me to be careful of the soft trigger, and he told me to take it with me at all times to fend off all the flaming liberals even at the gliderport. I told him not to worry, I carry two pistols in the 27 and Eileen has one in the 24. Nothing like a family of glider pilots being well prepared for the Flaming Liberals.
I was hoping to make plans to fly around Lake Okeechobee again this week, but the weather is not in my favor. I have never smelt anything better than Hoppy,s # 9 gun oil or flew better that a ASW.

Are you drunk?
Old April 1st 20, 12:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 7:12:12 PM UTC-4, K m wrote:
I was hoping to make plans to fly around Lake Okeechobee again this week, but the weather is not in my favor. I have never smelt anything better than Hoppy,s # 9 gun oil or flew better that a ASW.

Are you drunk?

No, just trying to loosen up from the Corona stampede. There is no such thing as a Flaming Republican, we do have Flaming Liberals.
Old April 1st 20, 12:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

The single action 45 is my wonderful companion when flying thru the toolies xc. It is great ballist, sure helps move up the l/d speed and is a wonderful ice breaker with the farmers and ranchers when I land out. I wonder if thats a reason lots of guys dread landouts, namely they are liberals and 1. Don’t appreciate farmers and ranchers, think they are contributors to global warming, rape the land and are uneducated hicks. And 2. They have absolutely no way of relating to them. After all, farmers and ranchers are absolutely overwelmingly pro gun!
Dan
Old April 1st 20, 12:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Km, bringing this back directly to soaring, I sure hope you don’t land out in my neck of the woods, you would’nt last a day. Our conservative “uneducated hicks” would eat you for lunch and mail the bones back to your relatives, Lol But I’m sure your superior intellect and wonderful soaring prowness would likely get you home, but if it did’nt........ just saying.
Old April 1st 20, 01:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou
external usenet poster

Bob -

If you are trying to assure that nobody north of the Mason Dixon line ever comes to fly at Vero Beach, you are doing a great job!

Lou

Old April 1st 20, 01:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 7:15:41 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
On Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 7:12:12 PM UTC-4, K m wrote:

Are you drunk?

No, just trying to loosen up from the Corona stampede. There is no such thing as a Flaming Republican, we do have Flaming Liberals.

The real CV stampede was all the kids on college break at the Florida beachs incubating and then dispersing all over the country. Much more dangerous than a few "NY Liberals" that may go south.
Just another opinion.
UH
Old April 1st 20, 01:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Thats ok, sorry to hear u feel that way Lou, but I’m pretty sure you don’t speak for the majority of guys up north. You really don’t know what your missing. If you want to stay up north and enjoy those long cold nasty winters just because you have an issue with law abiding gun owners who support the second amendment, we’ll to each their own.. I am sure we have enough sensible folks down this way that will be sure to keep treasure coast plenty busy.
Old April 1st 20, 01:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Was wondering how long glider flying could remain nonpolitical. In real life at the airport I've only seen people on the left openly flying their flags. Won't be long before both sides raise their colors. When that happens clubs splitting on ideological grounds seems possible. Be interesting to see where all the talent goes.