Sobering Summer Is Here

Old June 3rd 20, 10:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Default Sobering Summer Is Here

Looks like the weather gods have sprung upon Florida and the soaring season is skeptical with thunder boomers and tropical storms and hurricanes. With the absence of the Bermuda High the influence of the tropics is upon us. Just yesterday we had twelve inches of rain and some areas had even more.
Hopefully next year will be much better during the early spring, but for now we are looking at October as the next best Florida soaring weather. A few of us are still planning the winter dash from somewhere deep into South Florida as a prelude to the Seniors. A special thanks to all who enjoyed the Florida winter weather, hopefully the next winter will be dryer and the spring will be much better. I would love to see those 1-26 guys show up down here and fly some sort of fun task during next winter, what a great bunch of glider pilots.
Old June 3rd 20, 10:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Neal Alders

TCSC isn't closing for the summer is it?
Old June 3rd 20, 11:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 5:45:56 PM UTC-4, Neal Alders wrote:
TCSC isn't closing for the summer is it?

No way Neal, we are just in the summer pattern, fly early and have fun. Bob
Old June 3rd 20, 11:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Neal Alders

Thanks Bob, send me your email.
Old June 5th 20, 12:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 6:34:50 PM UTC-4, Neal Alders wrote:
Thanks Bob, send me your email.

12 inches of rain in the last 24 and more headed our way, I think Eileen and I will box it up and head West.